WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a sale on at Levenger for their 2824-2 model men's dress watch. Its selling for $99.95 (+ $6 shipping). Both the Men's and Women's are available. Says "Swiss Made" on dial and the movement is not the supposedly lowest grade (Gold plated).

All Swiss movements
25 jewels
Exhibition back
Raised acrylic crystal
Raised numbers and indices
3:00 date window
Stainless steel case
Chocolate leather band
Water resistant to 150 feet
Large: 38mm face, 9” band
Small: 28mm face, 7¾” band

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Nice 1940's to 60's style watch. The acrylic crystal is a bit too much nostalgia for me though.

MMT
JMHO, but there is nothing wrong with an acrylic crystal. They do not shatter and they are very, very easily buffed out (my 1964 Glycine Airman with extreme usage still has it original acrylic crystal....also ZENO still uses acrylic in several of their model). If it is somehow, irreparably scratched, it is cheaply replaced.

It is all personal taste, of course! I would have bitten, but the large size is sold out.

·
Affordables Moderator
17,577 Posts
That dial vaguely reminds me of 50's/60's Soviet watches like the Sportivnie. If they had it in black I would be ordering right now!

Cheers,
Griff

·
Banned
3,600 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me if you like the 38mm size. Gevril had released a model that was almost a dead ringer for this one when they first introduced their GV2 lineup a few years back. The GV2 model had sapphire, I think, and it was also 40-42 mm if I remeber corrrectly. It was also significantly more expensive.

Let us know how you like it!!

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm just passing along a potential find. I have no intention of buying one at this point. I'm looking at tools right now to go with the Christmas presentsantasmile

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm just passing along a potential find. I have no intention of buying one at this point. I'm looking at tools right now to go with the Christmas presentsantasmile
Thanks for head up but I cannot find any link nor a watch in levenger.com site. Have I looked at a wrong site?

It seems like it is sold out. If not so, please, give me a link or email.

Thank you:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts