Different dials for hours, minutes
Visible workings from face
around 10mm thickness
Automatic with as much time reserve as possible

Things I dont like:
Lots of colors
Clutter
Diver style watches

I really like the glashutte panomatic style, but I don't have that kind of money

Recommendations?

My first choice at the moment is the seagull m172s or 219.327, but I have to imagine there's so,ething better in my price range

·
Registered
23,771 Posts

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Why a power reserve on an automatic watch? Wear it and it runs. Shake it a couple of times in the morning and you're good to go.

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
19d9560a7cb31a341590f3ef.jpg The Seiko premier 6r20 is probably the best movement you can afford. I think this goes for about $750 if you look hard enough. Might also look for SARCs with the same movement, they're close to a thousand though:

img55657846.jpg
Both come in a variety of dials and designs, so you'll have to look around if you're interested.

The other thing I'd suggest is this Orient Star, which is $850 or so street as I recall, available in steel or gold
Orientsar.jpg
0041de5001.jpg

The 6R20 movements in the Seiko have one of the best power reserves of an affordable auto. I think it's rated for 48 hours, but I hear people report 50 in the real world. Tremendous movement. The Orient has a 42 hour reserve. Both PRs are better than most entry level Swiss movements which generally feature 38 hours.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the seiko a lot, I jave been looking at that one. What's the second one's designation?

·
Registered
641 Posts
The Seiko premier 6r20 is probably the best movement you can afford.
I noticed more positional variation in the 6R15 than with my ETA [2824 (elabore) and 2892 (Omega 1108)] movements.
Too bad the SARAs aren't around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts