WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was curious about this model, as I really like the logo in the left hand corner, but was wondering if it wears a lot smaller than the 750T? Thinking about ordering one, but would like to hear back from 1000T owners about how it wears.

I'm also seriously considering a 5000T as well.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!!

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Yes, the 1000 does wear smaller than the 750, but not by much. I personally like the 1000 size better as it is more proportional and matches the original 300 size. Of course this is my personal opinion as I own both watches.

·
Registered
23 Posts
To me, the 1000 is a perfect cross between the 600 and 750. It's a nice hefty watch, but you don't even know you are wearing it. I wouldn't say the 1000 wears a lot smaller than the 750 considering it is actually a little thicker. I could be biased though, since I really like the smaller diameter of the 1000 and the 600.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys, I'm just about to pull the trigger. I currently own a 800Ti Sharkhunter, and a 750 Searambler, both of which fit very well on my wrist (especially the 800Ti). Does the 1000T fit differently due to the higher width and smaller size? Sorry for so many questions; I just like to do my research before jumping into something.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I will admit at first the 1000 feels just a bit top heavy....but only for about the first 5 minutes. I've worn mine very steadily since I bought it in August and I really don't even notice it when I'm wearing it. It is a very comfortable watch. It's a great combination of heft and comfort. Good luck in your decision.

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
I admit, I thought the 1000T was too small when it first came out. Now, I wonder if it is not the perfect size. It wears rather nicely and the domed crystal is a nice touch. At some angles, the dial seems to change color. I really do think it is a nice size, and not too small by any stretch of the imagination

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
To me the 1000T fits my 6.75" wrist better than the 800Ti. Having said that the 800Ti fits nicely but it may be the caseback that feels different.

b-)

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Like any watch, it depends on the anatomy of your wrist. I have a nice space between my radius and ulna that the 1000 case back sinks into. For me the 1000 looks the same as the 600T from a distance. However, up close you can see the thicker Bezel of the 1000. The other Doxa aspect is the perceived dial width. While the 1000 looks a tad smaller than the standard 750, it looks as large as the GMT. Finally 42mm is not a small watch. I like both sizes and it's nice to have the option of choosing. Hope this helps.

Joe

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
i prefer the 1000T size over the 750 and i have both sizes in my collection. IMO, it is the better proportioned watch. the dial is tighter and more focused on my wrist and the increased thickness adds heft. it definitely is not small.

ultimately , the 1000T wears " tighter" and the 750 wears "broader" and wide open.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Acdelco, do you have any wrist shots of the two models side by side? That would really be helpful.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Bloom- buy it without doubt, i was in your spot torn and then I got a 1000t carribean and loved it so much I didnt go back tot he 750, sold them- have a 7.25 and agree that it may just be the perfect size- the thicker bracelet (gmt sized) is also a plus-

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
Hey Acdelco, do you have any wrist shots of the two models side by side? That would really be helpful.
Someone around here has side-by-side pics...........I just can't remember who:think::think::think:

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks guys for the input and the pictures. The 1000T looks a lot smaller than the 750T when you put them side by side.

·
Registered
204 Posts
As a new guy here I didn't realize the two models had that big of a color spectrum difference. I have the 800 and it looks more like the 750 dial. That deep orange crush soda can orange. As far as the size, it seems all watch brands are moving to larger cases, you know the old addage bigger is better. If you looked at a 42mm case watch last year that would have been considered a large watch. As the other members stated it is only opinion and it has to be what you like and feels good. As I have recently learned no matter what you can't go wrong as long as it's a DOXA. Good luck in your decision I can relate to that feeling.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts