WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a couple of quick pics of the 1000T on Doxa's rubber strap, it is the strap they advertise for vintage SUB's.

The strap is somewhat stiff but is fairly comfortable.

Best, Mike W.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Looks pretty good Mike.

Is it a rubber or silicone strap? :think: I gotta take a look at the site again.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Hey Mike,
How long is the strap?
How big is your wrist?

How thick is the strap? 4 mm or more?

Thanks
Robt
Here are a couple of quick pics of the 1000T on Doxa's rubber strap, it is the strap they advertise for vintage SUB's.

The strap is somewhat stiff but is fairly comfortable.

Best, Mike W.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Nice. I notice that you have a Steelfish X-Plus. So do I. can you possibly take some side by side head on and side shots of that and the 1000T for a comparison?

Thanks. :thanks

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hakim - It's a rubber strap, stiffer than my silicone straps.

3hospitals - The strap is 120/75 and is 4mm thick. My wrist is 7", or just under. I would guess if you had 7 1/2" wrist or larger this strap would be too short.

Tom - Here are some quick and dirty comparison pics I just took. (the Doxa is now on a Di-Modell Jumbo)...

Best, Mike W.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Great looking straps.

I don't care for the rubber strap for the vintage doxa/600T/1000T. It doesn't conform to the watch, not much of a design. The 750T rubber straps are great. I guess after wearing the rubber Omega strap for my PO its hard to want to put the doxa vintage rubber strap on my 1000T, just no comparison at all. The PO rubber is one of the best.

So I'll wait for Doxa to come up with something, hopefully soon. That's the only thing I don't understand, why they don't have the rubber strap ready to go when the watch is released, same thing happened with the 750t. Its an easy add-on sale.:think:

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
:thanks Mike I appreciate the info, looks good!
Regards
Robt

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thanks Mike!

Nice collection there. You got good taste buddy! :-!

·
Registered
223 Posts
hakim - It's a rubber strap, stiffer than my silicone straps.

3hospitals - The strap is 120/75 and is 4mm thick. My wrist is 7", or just under. I would guess if you had 7 1/2" wrist or larger this strap would be too short.

Tom - Here are some quick and dirty comparison pics I just took. (the Doxa is now on a Di-Modell Jumbo)...

Best, Mike W.
Thanks man. 2 Steelfishies?? :-d You couldn't decide between black and blue and had to have both? b-):-d

Size wise the Doxa ain't too bad. :-!

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
Mike -- is that a DeLaurian strap on the 300m Tuna? Man that would look great on the 1000m Darth tuna too. I'm with thouse of you who wish the rubber strap for the 1000T was ready to go when the watch was ready to ship. Hope they come up with something as soft as the strap for the 750

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Liz - The Tuna Can is currently on a Strap Culture strap, don't recall the model.

Best, Mike

·
Registered
42 Posts
|>VERY nice collection

1 - 13 of 13 Posts