WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the spirit of Christmas and out of an abundance of jealousy, I thought up this challenge for the potential SUB 5000T owners. . . Assuming these ship early next week, you ought to be receiving your new watch a couple days before Christmas. Anyone tough enough to hold off on even breaking the shipping tape until Christmas morning? :)

Anyone? Bueller? Of course, someone out there is thinking. . . no, I need to see wrist shots! I say to them, don't worry, these 5000T guys are as tough as they make themselves out to be. ;-)

What do you say?

Kev.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm happy to report that, being Jewish, I am under no constraints to prove my toughness by waiting until Christmas. :)

Cheers,

Avi

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm happy to report that, being Jewish, I am under no constraints to prove my toughness by waiting until Christmas. :)

Cheers,

Avi
Niiiiice Avi. You get the glory of providing the first wrist shots!

Kev.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Niiiiice Avi. You get the glory of providing the first wrist shots!

Kev.
More than happy to, Kev - although I don't think I'll be the first to get one, as I only put my order in recently. Maybe I'll be opening that box on Christmas after all...:think:

:-d

Cheers,

Avi

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I will probably meet the Fedex guy on the curb, not much patience here I'm afraid. This 5000T thing has made me feel like a kid again, waiting for Santa to arrive. I am not sure i can sleep tonight just thinking about it.:-d

·
Registered
39 Posts
Have some sympathy for me guys. I got my 5000T shipping notice today but to save on Philippine customs, it is being shipped to a friend in Connecticut. I will not even see it until January 7th when I come over for a business trip....

Grahame.

·
Registered
413 Posts
No need to wait, something else is arriving for Christmas!:-!

·
Registered
254 Posts
:-d After all the Chrismas festivities with family, friends and assorted sniveling children has gone bye bye for the year, I will, in the quiet late evening hours pour myself a lovely fine old cognac and then, and only then will I open my present to myself...a brand new doxa 5000T Pro. And lest I seem truly grinchy to you all let me wish all of you at the WUS Forum a very Merry Christmas and I hope you get the Doxa you truly want especially before the returning customer discount runs out.
Regards
Geoffrey

·
Registered
232 Posts
You ask me how tough I am…. Let me see………. Ok, thought about it for 2 seconds…. I’m not tough, I have no will power, I am “WEAK” the Fedex truck will be here tomorrow, and I am off, so there is not-a-chance-in-He** that I could/would/want to wait…. Heck, I’ll be ripping open the box as I grab it from his hands… Will be wearing it 15min later once it is sized….. So again you ask “how tough am I” I am not tough at all. But that’s ok with me, for tomorrow I will be the proud new owner of a 5000T and loving every moment of my weak self… :-!

·
Registered
8,488 Posts
No way will I be able to wait 'til Christmas!!!! My wife and I will be leaving for Connecticut to visit family the weekend before X-mas and through the holiday, so I hope it arrives before then so I can take it with me. Sorry but I won't be able to post pics until we get back home later that week.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:-d After all the Chrismas festivities with family, friends and assorted sniveling children has gone bye bye for the year, I will, in the quiet late evening hours pour myself a lovely fine old cognac and then, and only then will I open my present to myself...a brand new doxa 5000T Pro. And lest I seem truly grinchy to you all let me wish all of you at the WUS Forum a very Merry Christmas and I hope you get the Doxa you truly want especially before the returning customer discount runs out.
Regards
Geoffrey
Great responses from all you lucky 5000T owners! Geoffery wins the "solid as a rock" award for at least planning on waiting. Geoffery, please let us know if you are able to hold out. By the way, that sounds like a wonderful plan for the unveiling. Sort of reminds me of the scene in the modern Thomas Crown Affair movie, when he hangs his newly acquired painting in a cellar, opens a fine bottle of wine and quietly appreciates it in solitude.

Looking forward to the photos guys!

Kev.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Regards
Geoffrey
Now that sounds like a great plan. Hmmmm.... mine is due on on the morning of the 17th. I don't think I'll be able to wait......:)

·
Registered
905 Posts
My 5000T is fantastic ... I must have set my 750T wrong, I'm sure it said the 25th in the date window when I opened my box .... maybe the 750 isn't working correctly ... It is a good thing my 5000T is here ... now I don't have to worry about the date window being wrong. hahahahaha :-!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts