WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations on an automatic GMT watch for below $800? I am a huge fan of the blue/orange Bernhardt Globemaster GMT (I wish I had bought one when I bought my Binnacle Anchor). Unfortunately, they are not manufacturing them anymore and have no plans right now for another GMT watch. I have been keeping my eye out for a used one, but I am trying to find other watches in the price range.

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
There are quite a few interesting affordable GMT autos. Whatmeworry can show his Robert GMT, which looks very Rolly-ish. You can look at the very inexpensive Alpha GMT with an actual separate 24hr settable hand (not so common - usually it's the bezel.) One of my personal favorites (on my short list for purchase) is this Vostok Komandirskie K-34. Shown below is the full lume dial. However, you have many great choices. Another one I love is the Accutron John Glenn signature, which often sells for well below your price. Yet another ultra cool is the 24 hour Glycine Airman, which often shows up used within your budget. Enjoy the hunt!

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions. I find the Komandirskie the most interesting. To me, the Roberts (much like Debaufres) look TOO much like the Rolex with the same hands and the cyclops over the date. I liked the Bernhardt because while looking similar to the Rolex, it still had it's own look (different hands and color scheme than you would see on a Rolex). I like the Komandirskie because it has it's own look (it is also intriguing because I kept meaning to get a Vostok watch).

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
For some reason, Orient USA isn't selling the new CJD watches yet, but you can find them from the Singapore based sellers Watches88.com (black, silver-white) and Skywatches.com (silver-white). They do look great; hacking, hand-winding, sapphire, solid end link bracelet and Orient accuracy and reliability. Here's a brief post with some good pictures: Orient GMT with hack and handwind - DJ02003W « Yeoman's Watch Review

Orient also have several GMT watches that have been around for longer:
(each comes in various color/finish configurations)

Then, if you are willing to buy gray market (Amazon, any online seller quoting a price), you can get a variety of Hamilton and Victorinox auto GMTs for under $800.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
I would go for the K-34. You would have an awesome looking watch that you wouldn't come across often. I could be a little biased as I now enjoy collecting Russian watches over most others.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.