1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
That app caught my eye also, but I have not bought it for my new iPad - yet. It looks very interesting, but I was hoping to find out what all it has. The price is a little steep for an app, but I am very intrigued by it. If you had it to do over, would you buy it again?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I own 14060m, but I'm no expert on submariner history, I bought the app to learn a little more of it's history. It's expensive no doubt, the book is only 86 pages, but overall it's worth it IMO, I don't regret the purchase £7, is about the price of a magazine and a pint of beer in the UK so if you look it in those terms it's good value :)

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
14060m here too! Does it mention the 14060m? Is it a full-sized app, or does it do the 1x - 2x thing? I think I may need this...

·
Registered
17 Posts
That app caught my eye also, but I have not bought it for my new iPad - yet. It looks very interesting, but I was hoping to find out what all it has. The price is a little steep for an app, but I am very intrigued by it. If you had it to do over, would you buy it again?
Hi Doug, I wrote that book and would be happy to give you a code for a free download.

(sorry about the price on that App, but the cost to produce that one were really high)

Best regards,

Bart
[email protected]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just bought this app for my iPad £7.49 in the UK. Pretty nice app for sub fans Submariner: 50 Years - Complete Guide to the Rolex Submariner 1953-2010 for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad on the iTunes App Store anyone else have it yet? As I've said it's pretty nice although some higher resolution photos and a pinch and zoom feature would be nice in a future update please.
Hi Dan, that was really nice of you to compliment my book. If you email me, I will send you some codes for some of my other Rolex applications for iPhone and iPad.

Best regards, Bart
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
So you're paying £7.49 for them to advertise? That's $12 USD. For what? So I can see advertising that I could find for free on the web? Sorry, but this seems like a MAJOR ripoff. Sounds like "Hey, we are sooo great, we should make everyone pay for our advertising as well." Wow, today I tried on a Submariner and was really interested, and I liked the idea of the great service, but when I see things like this, it makes me doubt the purchase again. Or maybe I should move to Switzerland so I can take advantage of the money they put back into their education so more watchmakers can make their watches.

What they need to do is setup a Rolex version of Angry Birds. Then I may be interested in getting a $3 version of the app. $12 is WAY too high for this.

·
DOXA Forum Moderator
5,729 Posts
So you're paying £7.49 for them to advertise? That's $12 USD. For what? So I can see advertising that I could find for free on the web? Sorry, but this seems like a MAJOR ripoff. Sounds like "Hey, we are sooo great, we should make everyone pay for our advertising as well." Wow, today I tried on a Submariner and was really interested, and I liked the idea of the great service, but when I see things like this, it makes me doubt the purchase again. Or maybe I should move to Switzerland so I can take advantage of the money they put back into their education so more watchmakers can make their watches.

What they need to do is setup a Rolex version of Angry Birds. Then I may be interested in getting a $3 version of the app. $12 is WAY too high for this.
This is a reference guide, apparently written by member RolexGilt, not Rolex. How are you drawing the conclusion that it's an expensive advertisement sponsored by Rolex?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hi Dan, that was really nice of you to compliment my book. If you email me, I will send you some codes for some of my other Rolex applications for iPhone and iPad.

Best regards, Bart
[email protected]

Hi Bart I notice you've updated the app to version 2.0 do i not get a free update? iTunes is not showing it as a free update, they want £2.99 in the U.K. For 2.0??? Hope you can help? I thought updates would be free? That is the usual practice on the app store.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
How people say things like too high for your great book! I mean seriously where can u get such a great reference that is electronic and not a Rolex ad...I am not against adds, but I love a good historical reference...it looks like to me that it would have taken considerable time and effort!!!! Keep em comin!!!!!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hello,
I am trying to buy it on Google Play but i am just getting: "This item is not available in your country." (Croatia)
#&@!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello,
I am trying to buy it on Google Play but i am just getting: "This item is not available in your country." (Croatia)
#&@!!!
Hello, I will look into this on my side. I deeply apologize. I have had problems with Google Play and some of the new Android Devices (Nexus Galaxy for example). My only negative reviews are from people who download my app and have a compatibility issue. They get a refund when this happens but then they leave a negative review. I am considering removing my apps from the Android / Google Play Market. It has been nothing but frustrating on my end.

Please e-mail me here if you cannot download that app in one week: [email protected]

Thank you!

Bart

·
Registered
81 Posts
Bought that app last year before I got my iPad. Good info and looks great on iPhone. But looks terrible on iPad. And I wish it would get updated with the new 116610LN/LV

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Cool! I just downloaded both the Sub and the GMT Master apps. Thanks for doing these; they're very nice. :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts