WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been debating back and forth if I should take the plunge and go Sub Date or No Date. Mind you this will be a new Sub, not a vintage.

What are your opinions?
Is there a way to set up a poll?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
660 Posts
Good question. All but one or two of my watches atleast have Date function. I really like having the Date. I constantly use Date function.

Do you have a No Date watch now?

A lot of conversations I’ve seen always discuss future value of date Vs no date.
I can’t comment to that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Do you like having a date?
Do you like the cyclops?

Only you can answer that.

I personally prefer the no date for the cleaner look.

·
Registered
31,976 Posts
As above

Personally I like a date so I'd go with that.

The cyclops does look ugly but you get used to it and after a while won't even notice it's there; it is quite functional too

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think either version of the Submariner looks good. But I'm thinking the date version is better if it's A) useful/convenient to you and B) if you want it to be easily recognized as a Rolex by non-watch enthusiasts. And there's nothing wrong with that, btw. I think the no-date is good for enthusiasts/purists who want a modern version of the classics such as the 5513. Or perhaps those who appreciate symmetry and/or the fact that a diver wouldn't need a date function. Of course the percentage of Sub owners who actually go scuba diving with their watches is low. If you're a one nice watch guy, I'd say go for the date and have fun with it as a possible conversation starter. If it's your first of many Rolexes, no date. Just my two pennies.

·
Registered
698 Posts
my retailer had a date version,8500 bucks..I wanted a no date but I tried on the date version today
just for fun.....
I hate the cyclops myself and ordered a no date,they get ONE per year
luckily I am next in line.......

Ill wait

·
Premium Member
✠7900V | ♕116500
2,152 Posts
I am assuming you are looking at the Black dial Subs 114060 and 116610LN. That said, unless it is the green or blue sub, I prefer the aesthetics of the 114060. Like many have said in the past.. 114060 is the only watch you will ever need. I have owned the 114060 & 116610LN in the past and currently own the 116610LV. The LN does not stand a chance in front of the LV.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I used to think I'd prefer the no date. But over the last year or so, every time i put on a no date watch i get frustrated. I actually look at my watch to see the date more often than I thought.

I'm a date guy now, symmetry be damned. Function over Form.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,441 Posts
Submariner over the Submariner Date!

·
Registered
10,481 Posts
I went ND. It's all about the symmetry. :-!

Attachments

·
Registered
729 Posts
I used to think I'd prefer the no date. But over the last year or so, every time i put on a no date watch i get frustrated. I actually look at my watch to see the date more often than I thought.

I'm a date guy now, symmetry be damned. Function over Form.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I could have written this post myself. I always preferred the look of no-date watches. I went through damn many of them, actually, before I ultimately realized that I MUST have the date. I need my wrist to tell me two things, the time and the date. I could never get used to wearing a no-date watch, as I would look at my wrist frequently, expecting the date to be there, and be frustrated to find that the watch couldn't answer my question that time either.

So, it's really a question for you. Do you look at your watch for the date or not?

·
Premium Member
15,851 Posts
No mystery that responses were pretty much split 50/50. Since I rotate several watches it is easier for me to grab a no date on the fly, wind a few turns and set only the time. Hence my selection was a 114060 no date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 61 Posts