WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there,

I have a Beitling B-1 and it fits (and looks :)) great. I'm saving for a Submariner no date (114060) and now I have a great opportunity to buy one new for about US $ 5.800. It is stretching my budget (as I'm close but not quite there yet) but expecting prices will go way up I think I should make a decision.

What do you think? Will it fit me knowing my B-1 and is the price right? The watch is defenately real b.t.w.

Thanks for your insights!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
jomashop has them at 6800 so I think that sounds like it's a great deal if it's that far below gray dealer pricing. I'd go for it as it's likely going to be more unless you go used, but even used they are around 4k for no dates I think.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
No-date watches are polarizing... some, who are more focused on the art/jewelry side of watches, see them as 'balanced', some, who are more focused on the functional/tool side of watches, see them as lacking a basic watch function.

Reactions: Yangif and alex79

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I guess it is a good investment then even though I've no plans selling it :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love the symmetry of the watch and the sort of 'cool' vibe it has. Makes it the best looking Rolex IMHO, even though people see it as boring because it is copied a lot. Although the blue dial Milhauss has something special too...

·
Registered
27,133 Posts
Very curious how you are finding one for this price, but that aside yes you will love it, it's the most solid feeling/ well built watch I've ever handled (subjective, but it's a phenomenal watch)

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Go for it. My first no date watch was a Tudor Black Bay and I found that the no date thing doesn't take all that long to get accustomed to. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks for your feedback, just love the idea of a sturdy automatic watch. About the price: Got a friend in the business so I can get a special discount. Don't worry it is not stolen or anything, I'm just lucky! If I can afford it...

Reactions: greg19

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks and thanks! Have been reading some threads and it seems like a great blog with knowledgeable people!

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
You can never go wrong owning a Rolex, IMHO....:-!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:)

·
Premium Member
21,864 Posts
Go for it, you'll regret not getting it, particularly at that price. It's also a far more elegant watch than the Breitling B1.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tnx, seeing this picure I can't really not buy it ;-)

Reactions: inhaus

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sound advice from someone with a great collection :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How can I say no the The Dude..?

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
No-date watches are polarizing... some, who are more focused on the art/jewelry side of watches, see them as 'balanced', some, who are more focused on the functional/tool side of watches, see them as lacking a basic watch function.
The original submariners did not have the date complication because every marker had to be clearly marked and legible under water, while the date function was not necessary while diving. People who know of the ND's existence tend to be WIS's who see the 114060m as a closer homage to the original, in addition to the aesthetic preference. Adding the date function makes it less of a tool watch and more mainstream.

I'm personally just too lazy to adjust the date :p

·
Registered
985 Posts
Brand new Rolex Subs are hard to find at any kind of discount let alone the one you're getting. You say $5,800 is a stretch but so long as it doesn't break you (i.e. you can still make rent, and alimony payments, etc.) go for it before the offer evaporates.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts