WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have an MQJ and some alpha homages to the submariner, but these aren't really made for swimming and diving. Which homages can you recommend for actual swimming and if possible diving(~35m)? I love the look of the blue Alpha Seamaster homage, but don't even dare to go into the water with it...

Criteria:

- automatic or handwind (NO QUARTZ)
- WP swimming
- WP diving

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
For a sub I'd probably look at Steinhart. 200m WR should be more than enough for recreational diving. Seamaster's a lot tougher since not nearly as many companies are doing quality homages of it.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Plus one on the Steinhart. The Ocean series is rated to 300 meters.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
There's also the options made by Dan at OWC Watch Company. Production is very limited, but he may have some that are not under order to customers already. Here's my 5517 Milsub homage yesterday:

Individually tested for WR, and great customer service. You'll have to check on the pricing, as it varies as features are added and which movements are used.

Clair

Reactions: Fullers1845

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
+1 on the Orient Mako suggestion. The blue has some stylistic similarities to the Omega. If you are ok with big, you could look at the Mako XL/CEM75002D, which is even closer.
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

There are a variety of Orients to look at, and all should be pretty safe to their full rating (good quality control). If you really want a homage, they do a Sub, the CER0008D with a sapphire crystal for under $180.
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Blue

If ordering in the US from Orient USA, use code 'watchuseek50' to get 50% off (the real price).

You could also look at Tauchmeister divers with Miyota movements.
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

If your budget is a good bit higher, you could look at the Christopher Ward Trident.
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not too sure about those Orients...
Don't really like the extra button above the crown on those Mako's. XL's are definately too big for me. Their 'snorkler' model seems really nice though. What happened to their 2ER model?

Have been checking out some CW models for a few years now and I love the Trident Submariner, but for now it's over my budget, unfortunately.

I'm considering that Invicta for sure. Is there also a blue homage 8926? I see a lot of different (similar) looking divers from Invicta on Amazon...should I consider some specific thing here?

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not too sure about those Orients...
Don't really like the extra button above the crown on those Mako's. XL's are definately too big for me. Their 'snorkler' model seems really nice though. What happened to their 2ER model?

Have been checking out some CW models for a few years now and I love the Trident Submariner, but for now it's over my budget, unfortunately.

I'm considering that Invicta for sure. Is there also a blue homage 8926? I see a lot of different (similar) looking divers from Invicta on Amazon...should I consider some specific thing here?
The Oreint 2ER line was dropped over a year ago, but this CER appears to be an upgraded version of it.

If you haven't already, take a look at the Sub Hommage sticky thread at the top of the page.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts