WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
TT Sub, blue "P Serial".
Reputable source (seller); however, the clasp on this watch strikes me as odd.
I can only compare the "Crown" imprint on the clasp to an SS model... but I just don't think this crown has the same definition it that it should. The actual clasp (one that clips, forgive my lack of lingo) is a bit loose too... almost looks like the entire clasp piece is bent or something (near the crown).

Anyway, here's pics of the watch and clasp. What do you think?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've had a bent clasp lock before because of the poor use of the previous owner. What I'm worried about is the CROWN on the clasp. It looks odd and not well defined.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
The Rolex crown is does not look correct, especially at the crown tips.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Can you post more pics of the watch? Please include the face, the crown, etc.... Thanks..

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,636 Posts
I personally think it looks fine. It just looks as if it has been HIGHLY polished and that is what has taken the definition away from the crown.

JMHO

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks for the input :) The sub is from 2001 and it's been worn / polished since then.
The clasp crown does look different and not well defined when compared to a "new" Sub ; however, as jclevoy says... I think it's just due to wear.

Here are more pics of the entire watch itself. Any more feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
335 Posts
hmmm, yep case and bracelet look legit, but something about that clasp seems odd. i've seen overly buffed clasps before, and the those worn-down crowns do no resemble what is shown in the above pics.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts