WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at picking up a cheaper Submariner homage piece and put a rubber strap on it. I have an Invicta 8926C now and will keep it with the factory strap. I would like another Submariner homage with rubber strap to alternate.

I have done some searching around and found the following to be the most popular...

- Alpha (Automatic)
- Timex (Quartz)
- MQJ (Mechanical)
- Philip Persio (Quartz and/or Miyota movement adopted from Citizen)

They vary in price from $25 - $80. Could someone give me insight on which would be the best for a daily beater?

Also, when it comes to straps I have three in mind. I don't know the names of the styles, so if someone could help me out I would appreciate it. I apologize for not giving proper credit to the owners of the following pictures, but thank you for posting them. You have helped me and many others out by doing so! Here are the rubber straps...

Strap #1

Strap #2

Strap #3

Strap #4

·
Registered
290 Posts
Strap #2 looks like a Modena Rigido.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Check out Panatime.com (specifically for the third option), as well as International Watchman (International Watchman, Inc.). They have some very affordable options that members have reported to also be of excellent quality. They even have some options that are not on their website, so feel free to give them a call or email -- Ron is a great guy.

·
Premium Member
8,915 Posts
As much as I like TIMEX their sub Homage is not ss but rather chrome plated brass.I would recommend an ALPHA Mil-sub which is tested to 330 ft wr.The others may be okay but I do not have one I know I like my Mil-sub.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I bought a strap just like the first from ebay for $5 (here it is for $7). The clasp isn't great but otherwise, it is comfortable and looks pretty good.

·
Registered
9,314 Posts
Modena Watch has some nice rubber straps, too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts