WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:oops: Just finished dyeing my W.C.C.S Frogman which was a new dead stock purchase but was not exactly translucent white..More like a dirty off white. I didn't like it too much and hardly wore it.
I had my wife grab some Rit dye in a Scarlet colour from Walmart and followed the instructions from the G-shock wiki. All was well until I took a closer look at the strap loop which unfortunately at some point touched the bottom of the pan and melted! Watch looks fab, nice ed colour but the loop is toast..o|
I'll post some pic's as soon as I can figure it out.Any options other than buying a new strap/ case combo???
Cheers.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: Loop problem solved. I took a loop off from a spare Baby G lying around, threw it in the dye and bingo, could never tell the difference..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yo thanks D.D..Just got it back together and took some shots...I'm just about to try and post them...Again how hard can it be?? Where's my 10 year nephew a.k.a tech support when I need him,hopefully in bed,:think:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Love how the watch turned out..Will def' be getting loads of wrist time....H'm'm what can I dye next??

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi folks, I'm glad it worked out well and that you all dig it. I had a couple of colors in mind, aquablue, forest green and then this scarlet. I picked them from the online RIT site and I tell ya, it was almost going to be aquablue until my 2 year old daughter picked for me. I need your advice..I am about to dye my Riseman Terje Haak' from the gray'ish jelly to maybe the forest green or blue. Bad Idea????:think: I don't plan on selling any of my watches as I enjoy wearing them so as far as collector status goes it isn't a concern. You can see the one I'm talking about 3rd from the right on the back row. Oh yeah there's the W.C.C.S before the scarlet takeover...

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I think Forest Green would look awesome. I vote for that one - I was considering that color for my GG Frog but went with purple instead.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Simon, I think green is probably gonna be the one too...Throw up a pic of your purple GG, would love to see it.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I think turquoise blue would look great on a frog, but forest green would be nice too.

The red one looks great.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That purple looks sic..:-! Did u repaint the letters after the dye job??I tell ya there's nothing like wearing a G' that u know is quite possibly the only one out there like it, a complete one of...I dyed my Riseman earlier today and it worked out quite nice indeed..wearing it as I type.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts