WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really, really like the GW5500 stealth black/black (image is from Rakuten):

I am curious if this has a successor, again with negative/black display and (hopefully) an updated module offering Multiband 6 on top of ToughSolar.

Thank you for sharing any info that will bring me closer to this stunner!

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Yes, both negative and positive LCD 5500 series are coming this year... I think one has black case and grey buttons?

Not 100 % sure if it will be all black, but it's coming 100 %.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Wow what are the odds the OP posted this and did not know about the Multiband-6 model that is available now. The one I ordered 2 days ago has already shipped and is on the way to me as we speak.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here you go: GW-5510-1B, released this month. :)

Bless your heart, just the news I was hoping for !!! I am struggling to find it on sale yet but looks fantastic and worth the wait a few weeks. Cheers!

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
There is not going to be an EU or US release?
That's the word I've been seeing. The GW-5500 is a bit of an obscurity in our domestic market. Even the GW-5530 wasn't made available to us through USA retailers.

I've long been resisting the 5500, but there was an all black model collaboration made with NYC in mind that I found very appealing. Too expensive for my taste, though. This one is certainly going to be affordable and I'm very tempted to get it.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
That's the word I've been seeing. The GW-5500 is a bit of an obscurity in our domestic market. Even the GW-5530 wasn't made available to us through USA retailers.

I've long been resisting the 5500, but there was an all black model collaboration made with NYC in mind that I found very appealing. Too expensive for my taste, though. This one is certainly going to be affordable and I'm very tempted to get it.
Well that sucks. This could be the ultimate 5500..
What do you mean with "is going to be affordable" It's already out in Japan..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts