WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm finally rounding out my watch collection, and I'd really love a nylon strapped watch for the summer. Just so happens I love the look of a military watch too!

So far I've got my eye on the Seiko SNK809, which is their black military I'm sure many members are familiar with.

So before I pull the trigger I was just wondering if anyone else had any suggestions? I'm think I'm settled on a black colored watch, but feel free to throw in anything. I'm looking for something somewhat low profile in thickness/size, the Seiko was stated to be 11mm thick and 36mm in diameter, which sounds about right to me.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
The Seiko is nice but is just military 'style';-)

If you want a smallish watch that's issued, go for one of these:

Cheers:)

·
Premium Member
9,008 Posts
I suggest the United States Navy! Oh ,wait you meant a watch. Whenever i go to drill (Monthly military duty as a reservist)I wear a stainless steel Timex Atlantis others in my outfit wear G shocks or Ironmen or Divers by Seiko, really any decent sports watch.We are not issued watches. I do not know anyone who has been, not even the Seals.What about a Casio Diver?:think:

·
Affordables Moderator
17,578 Posts
The Seiko is a great watch, I have one and like it a lot. There are a lot of mil style watches out, though if you can find a Marathon field watch it is the genuine article. I still want to snag one for my collection to join my Navigator and SandY 490. Also, if you like the look of the CWC and don't want to spend the $ on a new one, you can find refurbished ones on the Bay and through Anchor Supplies. Also, Time Factors is coming out with their Precista PRS-10 which is a homage to the original G10 British military watch.

Cheers,
Griff

P.S. I like the Citizen Eco-drives mentioned in a thread here :-!

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
There is the Traser P6500 and similar watches.
Take a look to Marathon Navigator watch and GSAR/TSAR/JSAR/CSAR....
MkII watches and Precista make great tool watches with military look and great quality.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Well, I'm finally rounding out my watch collection, and I'd really love a nylon strapped watch for the summer. Just so happens I love the look of a military watch too!

So far I've got my eye on the Seiko SNK809, which is their black military I'm sure many members are familiar with.

So before I pull the trigger I was just wondering if anyone else had any suggestions? I'm think I'm settled on a black colored watch, but feel free to throw in anything. I'm looking for something somewhat low profile in thickness/size, the Seiko was stated to be 11mm thick and 36mm in diameter, which sounds about right to me.
That Seiko is a great watch...I got them for both of my sons.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have a look at the military Orsa watch as well. Its quartz about 40mm and comes in a variety of dials. I've got the olive green and also the sand one. They have fantastic lume on them.

Martin who runs the company (well its just himself!) puts them up on the bay fairly frequently. I picked mine up a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
OHHH like those Orsa's!

Here are my 'military/diver' watches.. I like the traser/tsar/navigator on nylon..

Can't beat the 'tubes' for night clarity, either..

Good luck!

Also, some of the 'pilot' looking watches are pretty cool, I think:

·
Premium Member
9,008 Posts
What about a VostoK Amphibia?Or other russian watch .Vostoks while not always issued could only be bought by military personnel in the Old days of the Soviet Union and were developed for the military.Slide on over to the Russian forum and ask this same question.Amphibias are very nice watches and there are plenty of other military style watches to be had from Russian manufacturers.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Ollech & Wajs MP 2824-2. Also looks good on a Nato band.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Here is another actual military issued watch:

Marathon Navigator w/tritium tubes (they also make a date version):

·
Registered
16 Posts
That's a fantastic watch. I just bought the blue version(SNK807) for a friend's birthday.

·
Registered
833 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
I've had my eye on this one. Don't know much about the brand other than, "they ain't what they used to be". Does anyone have opinion or hands on
with this model? http://www.hamiltonwatch.com/webapp/en-us/collection/?c=KA&y=24
Hamilton are an excellent watch, part of the Swatch group along with Omega, Longines, Mido to name a few. They use ETA quartz or automatic movement's. Imo the Khaki field rang are excellent value for money, you would be hard pushed to find better in there price range. I have the King quartz model, here's a picture on brown leather:-!. They look great on nato's.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts