WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,

A grail watch if mine is the Tudor black bay in burgandy. I won't be in the market for one anytime soon and I got a good deal on the red/PVD gold glycine combat sub. I am looking for a good leather strap for the watch under $50 as I don't care for the black strap the watch comes on. I have a few options I am considering and wondered if you all had some better ideas or opinions on what I am thinking about.

The black bay i want someday:
IMG_2689.jpg

The watch on a watchgecko vintage racing strap I have:
IMG_2376.JPG

Watchgecko vintage leather strap:
- not necessarily sold on the worn look of the strap that comes on the black bay but I think this would be a close look. I'd swap the buckle out.
IMG_2687.jpg

I like this oem glycine strap available just under $50 but I might get tired of looking at the glycine lettering on the strap all the time. I'd rather it just had the logo on it.
IMG_2688.jpg

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Check out Martu Straps.

She has a wide collection of straps in vintage styling and color, and distressed leather too. Very reasonably priced with the kind of straps you're looking for ranging from $30-$45. She'll even do customization and made to order straps without an extra charge. She's located in Argentina so the straps can take 10 to 14 days to reach you but they're defiantly a great value. I've bought many straps from her and the quality is very good.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I tend not to be a fan of mixing black dials with brown or tan straps. I'll offer this suggestion though - a burgundy strap to match the bezel. That's what I did for my Black Bay, the strap pictured is one of the Worn & Wound ones, though I'm sure there's others out there as well:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
On a bomber strap from strapped for time

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I second this suggestion. But in all seriousness, the best idea is to save up for the BB. I did and I do not regret it. I own three Glycines myself, they are great watches, but none of them are as good as the blackbay regardless of having the same movement.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I second this suggestion. But in all seriousness, the best idea is to save up for the BB. I did and I do not regret it. I own three Glycines myself, they are great watches, but none of them are as good as the blackbay regardless of having the same movement.
I'm in medical school and I sold a bunch of old stuff to give my self about $1000 to spend on watches. This watch used the last of that budget. I plan to get engaged in about a year and married shortly after I graduate medical school. I told my gf the idea of an expensive wedding ring is kind of sexist. Not that I wouldn't get her a nice ring. So she said she'd get me the black bay as a graduation gift/wedding gift. Don't worry, her ring will cost a good deal more but the glycine is more than enough for me at the moment. I'm pretty excited about the glycine.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I'm in medical school and I sold a bunch of old stuff to give my self about $1000 to spend on watches. This watch used the last of that budget. I plan to get engaged in about a year and married shortly after I graduate medical school. I told my gf the idea of an expensive wedding ring is kind of sexist. Not that I wouldn't get her a nice ring. So she said she'd get me the black bay as a graduation gift/wedding gift. Don't worry, her ring will cost a good deal more but the glycine is more than enough for me at the moment. I'm pretty excited about the glycine.
She is buying you the black bay? That's a keeper man, you have done well :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Personally, there's no better chioce for Combat Sub than the original metal bracelet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts