WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I have been looking for a watch to gift my dad for a long time, i thought i could take suggestions from you peeps who'd know much more than me about them.
I want to gift him a decent automatic watch preferably under 200usd. i was looking for a watch with light colour dial and silver case. I've only come across few ones on aliexpress which i dont think he might like.
please do send in any suggestions,
thanks!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Seiko's new line of 5KX watches have so many choices I am sure you could find something that is to his tastes. They look like the old SKX ISO diver but they are not screw crowns or ISO rated. Street prices are just above $200 LNIB can be had on open market for just under $200.

·
Registered
913 Posts
More questions:

Do you plan this to be an everyday watch or a special occasion watch?
Do you think He would like a more simple dial or something with numbers?
Do you think he would like a day, date or day-date complication?
Does your father have larger wrists Or smaller?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Maybe something like a Tissot V-8 or Visodate? I dont know how sporty/dressy you want to go. Jomashop has great prices on those.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Concur on the Bambino. Also, Long Island Watch just came out with some new Islander fliegers (pilot watch) including a light colored dial for $199. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
For around $200 new the Citizen Nighthawk is still one of the best options out there. Eco-Drive movement powered by light, good bracelet, GMT complication, date, slide rule, 200m wr, good lume. Honestly my only knock is the mineral crystal but for $200 you can’t have everything.

·
Registered
30,001 Posts
Another vote for a Citizen Eco-Drive.

Really hard to beat their quality for the price, IMHO.

Good luck.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Check out Ethos watches. They have a wide range of watches that you can browse online. Make sure to bargain though. If you’re in Delhi, I believe they have a physical store at Saket. They’re authorised dealers for the watch brands they stock.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hello!
I have been looking for a watch to gift my dad for a long time, i thought i could take suggestions from you peeps who'd know much more than me about them.
I want to gift him a decent automatic watch preferably under 200usd. i was looking for a watch with light colour dial and silver case. I've only come across few ones on aliexpress which i dont think he might like.
please do send in any suggestions,
thanks!
You haven't mentioned a style. If it is a more traditional style you are looking at, look no further than a Cadeson. Sapphire crystal and a Miyota 9015 movement for little more than peanuts. The YouTube reviews will back this up

·
Registered
352 Posts
Citizen eco-drive watches fit the bill. Seiko pricing is definitely above $200 unless you're ok with going solar/quartz.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Higher than your budget, but these do go on sale occasionally and gets closer to $200.

Bernhardt Binnacle Anchor III

1 - 20 of 38 Posts