WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This might be very utopistic effort but I want to know if there are affordable chronos around. I would seek something in second hand. My budget is around 500€ or 650$ and I know it's not much but maybe I can push the limit further if I find the right kind of watch. I know that the German watchmaker UHR have model 275 which costs 500€ with Valjoux 7750 movement for new and I like the model quite much but I want to know if there is same kind of alternatives. I have seen some older chrono models of Kienzle, Zeno and Mido which are interesting but have you some suggestions for other affordable brands or models I should look for? My favourite chrono is a TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 1887 so the watch could look like it but it could be more rounder vintage style also...

So I'm looking for a chronograph which has:

Swiss automatic movement
White or silver dial
I prefer indexes only dial, no numerals
Size at least 40mm
No tachymeter bezel, but the tachymeter could be on the dial inside the glass
Two or three sub dials preferable white/silver too
Leather strap but it could be SS bracelet too

The TAG:

Kienzle

UHR

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Swiss Army Ambassador XL Chrono... Can be had for about $700 Gray market.. (Obviously change the strap, but you'd have to deal with numerals)

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Or this? Tissot Le Locle on Amazon in the 600s...

tissot chrono.jpg

Reactions: Manolete

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank you for your input. Unfortunately neither of the suggestion were to my liking. That Oris model is not a chronograph, I guess it's a small second model and Orises are quite busy with their dials and I would prefer more simple approach. Swiss Army could be fine suggestion but it has those numerals which are no no to me. What bothers me in Tissot are the different size sub dials, it kinda look a little odd ball to me and it's maybe too modern looking for me. I know, I'm very picky. :)

But I made some more research and found out that Certina has this DS 1 Chrono which is so so... It's very much like TAG but I'm distracted by the grey rings of the sub dials and that black tachymeter. The watch is better looking with black dial IMO...
s28_certina_ds_1.jpg

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Or this? Tissot Le Locle on Amazon in the 600s...

View attachment 622063
Whoops...this is the PRC200, not the Le Locle, which is about $500 more expensive. To the OP, Doboji is correct, the PRC200 is a great option, and therefore a great recommendation!

·
Registered
20,963 Posts
There's only one answer here, as far as I'm concerned. Accutron Gemini 26C01.

Probably the dressiest 7750 chrono out there at an affordable price. I have a 26C02, which is the black dial. 42mm, great accuracy, dressy enough for most occasions. Brand new, they're under $600 easy if you go gray market, more like $400 if you go used. I have seen $450 for new before though.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well now were are talking business. Have to check that Accutron. The Tissot Le Locle has too long second indexes to my liking, it looks a little weird. Other than that it's okay.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
There's only one answer here, as far as I'm concerned. Accutron Gemini 26C01.

Probably the dressiest 7750 chrono out there at an affordable price. I have a 26C02, which is the black dial. 42mm, great accuracy, dressy enough for most occasions. Brand new, they're under $600 easy if you go gray market, more like $400 if you go used. I have seen $450 for new before though.
Agreed...a great option...if you can find it. That model seems shopped out at good grey market prices. Disappointing.

·
Registered
20,963 Posts
Agreed...a great option...if you can find it. That model seems shopped out at good grey market prices. Disappointing.
Ashford (if they can be trusted) has them for a song.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Really? I cant find it on ashford. They have like 1 mens model Accutron and its a quartz

EDIT: Looks like its sold out. Boy 495$ is a steal for that, lucky dogs who got em

Exactly, otherwise I'd have purchased two...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts