WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I and my closest friend have bought several different Rolex's over that past 10 years and he has since retired and asked if I would be kind enough to sell one of his watches.

I am looking for a ball park figure to put on one of the watch selling forums and/or eBay.

The watch he is looking to sell is a Men's 18K Rose Gold Oyster Day-Date w/Sapphire crystal, 8 round and 2 baguette diamonds on meteorite dial, on a presidential bracelet. Serial #D4xx609. He purchased this watch new in June 2007. All boxes and paperwork will be included. Hologram is attached to watch back.

Does anyone have a ball park figure to put this watch up for sale? The retail is 29K.

Thanks for all your help and thanks for the help I have been given in the past. You guys have been a great help and have provided a lot of reading in the past.

Harold

·
Registered
891 Posts
For something that new...I think 23k would be possible if you sell directly to a buyer,maybe 20k or less if you sell to dealer. Solid gold models tend to lose alot when it comes to resale value.

Wait...D series...2007?!?! New old stock or just typo?

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Problem is that watch is not a high mover, especially all "blinged" out. Could possibly explain why there was still a "D" series floating around new in 2007. The important question is what did he pay for it (not retail), then we can get a better idea of its true value.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Problem is that watch is not a high mover, especially all "blinged" out. Could possibly explain why there was still a "D" series floating around new in 2007. The important question is what did he pay for it (not retail), then we can get a better idea of its true value.
I see..I see. So the serial number is not that accurate for this model afterall.

Anyway,21k seems a ok price which he paid...so 15-18k is a gd price if he can sell it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts