WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a seiko black monster.. awesome! but..
im allready thinking at another diver... hopefully in the first 3 months of the 2007 and i want to have some specs i like ;)

price:under 400$

movt:auto or quartz.. i know i cant get a manual wind watch

200m WR is enough as im a desk diver ;)

case and bracelet: big case.. 40mm+ and solid links and end links... i prefer stainless steel

i dont care about day..the date is enough for me

i dont care much about colors... orange, red, blue, black, white.. dont care... nothing green please

as for brand... maybe another seiko.. but the Prospex Solar Diver that i like dont have solid end links... if i can get a REAL suisse made would be awesome....

so please think and come with sugestions....

ps. i love the bernhardt instr. gmt! but is a little over budget :(

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope... i like the rolex look.. but after reading the thread about that steinhardt im not much in love with that :( even tho the watch is nice looking :)

i rather get a watch really made in singapore than a suisse made with obscure origins :(

that oceanaire was allready on my list.. indeed a nice looking watch!

ps. i might love a diver`s chrono too.. like the SEIKO Titanium Chronograph SCUBA 200m Air Diver.. but still no solid end links...

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Well Steinhart's clearly say "Swiss Made" on the dial, so if you don't trust that, I guess one couldn't trust any other swiss made brand?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mrrrrrrrr... sorry sir.. i just noticed that on that thread there is a GUY named suisse made.. blah.. lame nick.. there were 2-3 people talking about the sincerity of suisse made.. blah!

back on topic.. yeah the steinhardt is damn nice looking.. i dont care about rolex look... love the yellow one :)

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Yeah I know the thread you're talking about Habeeb.
If you like it, I'd suggest you e-mail the Steinhart ppl. and discuss "origin" issues.
From all I hear, they're very good ppl. to deal with.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
I know this is more a sports than an diver. But how about a Bathys Quartz. Easy to read. They be back in stock ~March 2007. Cost is $395 and John is taking back orders.

From left to right - Silver 1st Gen, UV 1st Gen, Silver Ti w/stringray strap

Stephen

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not felling the bathys.. they are way too dressy for my tastes...

that seiko fails in almost all specs compared to my black monster.. i wanna go up with my watches not down ;)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no solid end links on that tissot.. but i agree.. awesome watch.. and not looking like a rolex at all! i wonder if i can fit a solid end links bracelet on that tissot.. ummmm

·
Affordables Moderator
17,577 Posts
How about a Hamilton Khaki Navy? They come in blue, silver and black dials, 200m WR, ETA Swiss movement, the timing bezel is under the crystal and controlled by the extra crown.

I love mine, I paid around 350 for the LE silver, there may be some other deals out there :)

Hope this helps,
Griff

Attachments

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Amazing they actually TELL you it's out of stock instead of waiting till you order it :-D
But if Joma's selling it for that, umpteen other places are too :-!
That was just the 1st one I pulled up. Here it is at $369:
http://a-1watches.stores.yahoo.net/metiwatse10s.html

and there are a host of others from $350 to $395!

Solid end links are superfluous as long as they are not tinny and fit tightly...........mine do as do all I've seen on the Seastar!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Honestly I don't think you can't put the blames on the brand for a forumner misbehaviour.

You can see that experienced people here are mentioning Steinhart and that should have much higher value than what a certain forumner says or does.

I don't have a Steinhart, because I'm not a fan of Rolex hommages, but I've only heard good evaluations of quality, service and communication from Steinhart folks.

But for your choice I suggest these Yema. For 250 euros they look very interesting IMO.

A bit higher than your budget is the SAWC Albatros (400 euros NIB)

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
If I were going to make the jump today it would be another Steinhart. I have tried them all and for the money you will not find a better watch. There customer service is second to no one, after having worn most brands I have to tell you that the 43MM Steinhart wears and sits on the wrist great. They are 300 meters and have a solid case back. Take a look at them and I think you will see what most of us have found. One nice diver.
Gary

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Honestly I don't think you can't put the blames on the brand for a forumner misbehaviour.

You can see that experienced people here are mentioning Steinhart and that should have much higher value than what a certain forumner says or does.

I don't have a Steinhart, because I'm not a fan of Rolex hommages, but I've only heard good evaluations of quality, service and communication from Steinhart folks.

But for your choice I suggest these Yema. For 250 euros they look very interesting IMO.

A bit higher than your budget is the SAWC Albatros (400 euros NIB)

YEMA? Isn't that French for Seiko??? santasmile

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts