WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New poster to WUS here, and this may be better suited for another forum, but I am looking for suggestions for a new watch with a few criteria.

I currently own a cheap Kenneth cole quartz watch which I never wear, and a Magrette Moana Pacific Regattare which was my first automatic watch and I love it. (also placed a deposit for the 2013 WUS project watch to have a nice dress watch).

I am planning on purchasing a new higher-end watch and can only really think of 2 that I really want more than any other watch:

1)Breitling Navitimer world, white with SS bracelet, or an
2)Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow GMT.

2 different styles, but my main criteria is to be all stainless, wither either a white, blue or black dial in that order, chronograph, and a GMT 2nd time zone.

I do hold a private pilot certificate and have loved Breitling for a long time and always dreamed of owning one, and the Navitimer would be my first choice if I could only own 1. The Omega speedmaster line is by far my favorite from Omega, and the broad arrow GMT fits my criteria the best.

What other types of watches would fit this criteria? My only financial consideration is that it be around 4k new or used. I know both watches above are above that value which is why I'm asking for other opinions (either that or hopefully find a great deal used).

So far, my other thoughts are going with a cheaper moonwatch (maybe the moonphase, or original moonwatch), or an older Breitling superocean steelfish neither of which meet both of my coveted requirements of chronograph and GMT 2nd time zone. I am a sucker for moonphase complications.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Product Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

some other less desired options:
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Product Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Product
Thanks for reading!
Nick

·
Registered
728 Posts
The Bremont ALT1-Z is absolutely stunning in person. I really didn't like the online pics, but then I went and tried one on at the local AD and was blown away by the fit, finish, and balance. They don't make a white one, but they do cream, grey, and black. Here is the cream, which was my favorite (I'm a fan of white faces, too, btw):

·
Registered
1,070 Posts

Tutima Grand Havana Ltd Edition. I saw one at Timepiece Network in Burbank, CA last week.

Reading your post, though, you've already made up your mindas to the Chrono/GMT you want... so buy it and enjoy. ;-)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I do really have my heart set on the 2 in my post, but definitely still open to suggestions. I do like the Bremont world timer, great suggestions!
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

·
Registered
221 Posts
Chopard Mille Miglia GMT? I think it ticks all boxes, including budget.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Don't get a white dial. They are pretty, but can be frequently hard to read against white hands. But always easy to read in pictures.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
I'll second the Bremont Alt1-Z I have the dark grey version and it's a fantastic watch.

Also why not consider the Montblanc TwinFly Flyback... the white version is coming out this year. Seems to hit all your buttons.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
My humble suggestion. The Revue Thommen Chrono GMT Diver. Only drawback is the weak lume. Attached pic from uhrforum

1 - 10 of 10 Posts