WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking for a new watch with different features than the current models I have. I figured that since I couldn't really find what I'm looking for by searching & randomly entering "White Dial Watch" on search sites...I might ask those that have already purchased something that met or closely meets my criteria.

Here is what I'm looking for:

1. White dial
2. Sub $200
3. Eco-Drive, Automatic, or Solar (No regular battery or self-wind)
4. Power Reserve meter/indicator option
5. Stainless bracelet or Black leather band
6. 40-43mm
7. Exhibition Back (would be a +)
8. Sapphire Crystal (would be a +)

I'm not locked into any certain brand. I'm familiar with Orient, Seiko, and Citizen. I want a nice piece that I can wear with casual or a suit.

I look forward to any suggestions you might have.

ETA: My eyes are not what they used to be, so having some contrast on the hands and indicators would be a great too!

TIA
- Don

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I was considering one of these. For the price it's ridiculously well made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I think I have it narrowed down to these three. Seiko SRN055, Seiko SUN037, Orient Agent

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Product Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

I think these meet most of my options. Now for the final decision...

- Don

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Pick the first Seiko if you are not OCD about off center/half subdials, IMO its the best made of the three.

Pick the second Seiko if you are OCD about it, and prefer something a bit more conservative styling wise

Pick the Orient if you want an Auto and the Power reserve capability is not a MUST have

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I'm narrowing it down to two. The Seiko SRN055 and the Orient Agent. I really want to have the power reserve of the Seiko, but the price of the Orient is hard to beat with the exhibition back and Sapphire crystal. Plus the dial on the Seiko looks a little on the cream side in pictures and from reviews and I really wanted to add a white dial watch to my collection. Looks like the Orient may be ordered.

Thanks,

-Don

1 - 9 of 9 Posts