WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm sure this has been discussed plenty of times previously, but I can't find any answers. Is there a way to stretch a leather strap (beside wearing it, of course)? I received a watch this past Christmas, but I'm having the usual problem of the strap being too loose with one hole and too tight with the other. It is a dress watch, so I don't really have the option of swapping for a bracelet, rubber strap, NATO, etc.

Any suggestions or insight are much appreciated!

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Hi all,

I'm sure this has been discussed plenty of times previously, but I can't find any answers. Is there a way to stretch a leather strap (beside wearing it, of course)? I received a watch this past Christmas, but I'm having the usual problem of the strap being too loose with one hole and too tight with the other. It is a dress watch, so I don't really have the option of swapping for a bracelet, rubber strap, NATO, etc.

Any suggestions or insight are much appreciated!
Drill or punch a new little hole between the hole that is too tight and hole that is too loose. I do this on all my leather straps. This way I can adjust my strap acording to the weather conditions, being a hot day or a cold day.

·
Moderator Public Forum
10,281 Posts
Wearing it is probably the best way, provided it is a relatively thin and supple strap. I did this recently with a Shell Cordovan strap that was a bit tight and after a few days it fits me perfectly. With a thicker strap, a new hole is likely to be a better option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts