WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Enthusiasts,

I am in search of a possibly perfect "dress" watch. It seems that I have a problem in which I invent in my head what I want and then try to hunt it down. Sadly, I rarely seem to find what is in my head. A personal problem I know. Anyway...

I am looking for a White dial, blue font watch. In a perfect world features may include: mechanical (autos are great too), expedition back, day/date and a power reserve indicator.

These are two of my absolute favorite watches in the world that I do not YET own.
5F705E2F-C5AE-48AD-B03B-C67EF6BB92F4-2493-0000012E1386514C_zpscf95f3da.jpg
DSC00076.JPG

I truly enjoy looking up new watches and learning more about them, so any close suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for giving a gander and any time spent replying.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please forgive me if I refer to the case back wrong, this is still a new and vast world. Showing my green side to the world I guess. It is the best term I know.

For mechanical being an auto. I differentiate the two in my head. One needs a good turn and the other is natural.

As for the kitty? That's why I am taking all suggestions. I typically pay for what I search. Not search for what I want to pay. If that is rational at all. Some journeys just take longer than others to fulfill.

Ideally no more than a couple to a few thousand. I just picked up my first serious watch, a Sinn 857 UTC (which was huge to me), but I know it is only scratching the service to others.

·
Moderator at Large
54,019 Posts
Exhibition or display back. And yes auto is mechanical and handwinding is mechanical as well and both need to be wounded.

P1000260.jpg

·
Banned
7,819 Posts
Please forgive me if I refer to the case back wrong, this is still a new and vast world. Showing my green side to the world I guess. It is the best term I know.
Yours sounded really cool though - For next time it's called an exhibition back, or just display caseback. :)

How about a Davosa ?

davosa_classic_power_reserve(2).jpg

Goes for silly money , but can be found for reasonable - I love this watch and have a couple in the same range , but ownership of this one has eluded me so far

Or maybe take a look at some Epos - EPOS - Artistry in Watchmaking - Swiss Made Mechanical Watches

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Two really strong showings from the get go. I am also starting to look at chronographs, so that was a nice surprise. I am always amazed at the speed of the forum.

Thanks for a little education too.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hmm, I've been looking for less expensive/easier to find alternatives to the UN MM Chronometer. Some really great suggestions in this thread, I'll keep an eye on it.
I love this watch, but even preowned (when they come up) are a bit out of my range at around the $4k mark.
263-67-40.jpg
There's also this version, with blue applied indicies.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Longines Power Reserve or Longines retrograde. The markers are black but the hands are blue. Sorry, no pics as I write from the phone.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you again to those who have contributed so far. There is certainly some lookers up there.

Any new thoughts to new eyes?

·
Moderator Public Forum
2,879 Posts
I have the Ball B&O you posted. Great watch. The Sinn someone posted is high on my list and that Dornbluth is very nice. Can't lose with any of those.

·
Registered
30,661 Posts
Mido and Epos also make some nice white dialed models that are not overtly expensive as other options too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts