WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm currently looking for a steel coloured watch with a plain non rotating bezel, a black or dark face, and a flat oyster style bracelet. I love the Rolex Explorer 1, but am not ready to part with the amount required to purchase one - need to build my business a little more first!

I am cool with quartz, auto, kinetic etc. I would be very grateful for all suggestions, even if they don't tick all of the boxes as described above.

Thanks,
ESK

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Both the Everest and Anchor are very cool, and both well made. I like the Anchor 1 more than the Anchor 2, but it appears to be discontinued.

·
Registered
10,066 Posts
Both the Everest and Anchor are very cool, and both well made. I like the Anchor 1 more than the Anchor 2, but it appears to be discontinued.
True. But there might be some on the sales subforum (dunno if you've checked yet).

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Christopher Ward or Steinhart.
I found a watch on the Christopher Ward site called a C65 Classic, which is nice but a little over my budget.

I couldn't find a Steinhart on their site that resembled my spec. I'd be grateful to know if there is a model in their collection that is fits my wish list.

I do very much like the SARB033 and have drooled over pics on more than one occasion. It might be a little on the small side though.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Seiko Alpinist would be a cool choice, another outside the box option would be an Archimede Outdoor.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for some very interesting ideas so far guys. I've taken the time to research every suggestion made.

I very much like the Binnacle Anchor 1, but finding one may prove difficult. I also like both the Armida A6 and Smiths Everest, while the SARB033 cannot be ignored.

I look forward to any and all further suggestions - I knew the knowledge base here wouldn't let me down.

·
Premium Member
21,864 Posts
How about a Hamilton Khaki Field Automatic? An iconic look (military field watch) in its own right, and it can be had within your price range, and the lumed numerals are pretty cool.

Reactions: Rusty427

·
Registered
926 Posts
Another Everest vote here!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I love all the suggestions. I think I'd likely buy more than one if that didn't result in danger from she who rules the world!

Because I'm a fan of functionality (have a few G-Shocks) I'm considering this Citizen as a contender also. Ideally I'd prefer it without the chronograph dials but it's not a deal breaker. Thoughts chaps?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts