WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I was very dissappointed to find out MIDO has discontinued a watch that I had been saving to purchase and now that I finally sharpened my teeth, I find out they're gone for good o| I would really like to hear your suggestions on which watch(es) could replace it. I'm particularly looking for an automatic movement, about 40mm, not necessarily chronograph certified with a budget of up to $1000.

Here is the watch and a similar one to what I was hoping to get...

M83414F84101.jpg
M8330.4.38.1

or

M83304381.jpg
M8341.4.F8.41

Thank you very much!!

·
Premium Member
34,736 Posts
Ebay lists a number of All Dials for sale and I am sure you can find one on chrono24 as well.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Ebay lists a number of All Dials for sale and I am sure you can find one on chrono24 as well.
+1. I never fail to see at least 2-3 all-dials on fleabay. Why they would discontinue one of their best-looking watches is a mystery to me....

·
Moderator Public Forum
10,282 Posts
I'd say keep searching for the one you want. There's sure to be some new stock somewhere. I really like the second one pictured. Very good looking and distinctive watch.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I was about to recommend a Mido Multifort I rather like, but I see it's discontinued... o|

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's a Mido All Dial chronometer I picked up off eBay. It was listed as used but mint. When it arrived I looked it over and it looked brand spanking new. I don't think it had been worn. The best part was the price, you could've gotten this watch on your budget.

Here's a pic of the watch:

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you all for your great ideas! I was very close to getting the All Dial I had my eyes on from Germany but someone got to it before I did. I got very lucky on eBay with this one I like a lot. I'm very impressed with MIDO now that I've assessed it in person. Here's a picture of it. It's an All-dial M833041813.
Thanks again for your opinions!

MIDO AD1.JPG

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Just a word of advice from someone that owns 3 Midos including an All-Dial Chronometer - make certain that you get ALL the strap-bracelets and links that you need NOW. It is a unique attachment and only the Mido straps, rubber, and bracelets will fit. Sourcing them after the sale is a true NIGHTMARE in the US.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you. Yes, the antireflective treatment is impressive!

I'm saving the extra links like gold. I did come across the fact that MIDO uses its own extensions, links, etc.
Thanks for the good advise.

I sure hope MIDO will invest in expanding their market share in the US!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts