WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an affordable watch that would look good with my flight suit. It doesn't necessarily have to be a pilots watch, just anything that matches the color and character of the uniform.

I've been wearing a Parnis Power Reserve, but it's a little too dressy...

Any recommendations? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
This watch is aviation themed and probably a little different from what will by suggested here(pictures shamelessly stolen from WUS member isometrus):

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Citizen Nighthawk US ver

or Chrono Euro ver

or a Citizen AS4041 or 4030 (Stainless or Titanium depending on your preference)

coupled w/ a BandR velcro strap in ODG will match your flight suit ;

Of if you want to go cheaper than the as4041 there's also the AT0660

Seiko SNZGXX series will could work too

As diver's go, a Seiko SRP series might work (has new hacking and handwinding movement)

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I'm looking for an affordable watch that would look good with my flight suit. It doesn't necessarily have to be a pilots watch, just anything that matches the color and character of the uniform.

Any recommendations? Thanks!
What is your budget?

The Parnis is fairly large. Do you prefer watches that size (or bigger/smaller)?

Do you have a preference for mechanical vs. quartz?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What is your budget?

The Parnis is fairly large. Do you prefer watches that size (or bigger/smaller)?

42 is the sweet spot and mechanical over quartz. I'm also a fan of simplicity, if that helps at all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What is your budget?

42 is the sweet spot and mechanical over quartz. I'm also a fan of simplicity, if that helps at all.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
In addition to some of the above, I'd look at Obris Morgan. You get a lot for your money, especially with the new Miyota movement in the Explorer.

You might also look at the Orient Aviator.
Orient-EM7A004R-19.jpg

There are many, many options, but they really depend on your budget.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts