WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for the smallest, padded space to hold my watch collection in instances where I'd like them in a hotel room-sized safe short-term. It arrived today and is of nicer quality than I'd expected for $73. Dimensions: 14" x 12" x 4". I thought others in similar situation might find this helpful:

Executive 26-Watch Travel Briefcase | Overstock.com

Suitcase Baggage Box Case Briefcase
Grille Metal Automotive exterior Auto part
Rectangle

·
Banned
7,819 Posts
is of nicer quality than I'd expected for $73.
Disappointing & Sad - but also not surprising to see the robbing bar-stewards want
Sale GBP 74.62
Apparently this is before tax (or shipping) too !! - At least Dick Turpin wore a mask :roll:

Nice enough case, might be nicer if the did the cutout compartments throughout in say three/four fold out layers.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
It looks like a nice case to store your watches. It looks like you have some empty slots, this should be all the justification you need ;-)

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
You might try a larger pelican case or storm case. They won't look very elegant and briefcase like though...

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I went for this one to hold my watches out of rotation, its a pelican 1495 with a custom insert. It is a little more money but it is crush, fire & water resistant.

Reactions: MusicPDX

·
Premium Member
23,429 Posts

·
Moderator Public Forum
24,102 Posts
I had a client once give me a demo about how hard it is to get into a hotel door with a fake room key and a hotel room safe. Needless to say, I am no longer concerned about the safe. It is scary easy to fool hotel room doors.
Hotel rooms and safes can't be hard to access by hotel staff for obvious reasons. If they know how then individuals not employed by the hotel do as well. For that reason the frequent travellers I know don't leave valuables and sensitive information in hotel rooms. If someone wants to travel with their collection my recommendation would be to carry it with them in a case that looks like a brief case and stay away from darkened streets.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Hotel rooms and safes can't be hard to access by hotel staff for obvious reasons. If they know how then individuals not employed by the hotel do as well. For that reason the frequent travellers I know don't leave valuables and sensitive information in hotel rooms. If someone wants to travel with their collection my recommendation would be to carry it with them in a case that looks like a brief case and stay away from darkened streets.
madness to travel with a collection of watches - two at the very most -a decent beater [ a diver if water is involved]certainly and perhaps a dress watch if business is involved [ and even then not your best one]

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
I'm living in China at the time, and I bought it here, in the city of Guangzhou.
I think i know where you got yours, i lived in Guangzhou for a year and a half, my office was in Tianhe and i used to live in Binjiang Dong Lu by the Pearl River. There was a market for such things (and anything luxury related replica) near the Guangzhou Huǒchēzhàn (main train station) if my memory serves me right.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
madness to travel with a collection of watches - two at the very most -a decent beater [ a diver if water is involved]certainly and perhaps a dress watch if business is involved [ and even then not your best one]
I agree 100%. I meant the original post more in the context of size than actual travel with that many watches. When I'm on the road I usually have one or two. But I will put the collection in a safe at times at home, and I really like a compact solution. The pelican case is a great idea too!

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I agree 100%. I meant the original post more in the context of size than actual travel with that many watches. When I'm on the road I usually have one or two. But I will put the collection in a safe at times at home, and I really like a compact solution. The pelican case is a great idea too!
Agreed, I usually just wear one and that's it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have a Pelican configured for 9 watches. But it is too bulky for the safe and kinda hard to open and loud (especially when I choose a watch in the morning and my wife is still sleeping.
I've ordered a fairly compact case from A m az on that holds eight watches.The layout is very compact with 4 watches flat on each side of the case (lid and bottom) and a protective layer between the two. I'll post a pic when I get it in a few days.

·
Moderator Public Forum
24,102 Posts
Yes exactly. I travel with a collection of one watch. Just about any watch short of a Movado Museum will work for a variety of dress situations. If I was going diving on a biz trip I might add an inexpensive Casio or Timex digital.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I travel in the US and overseas [staying in 4 & 5 star hotels] using this Pelican case and have never had a problem. I don't bring all my watches [case only holds 6] but I bring the ones I think I'll want during the trip. Of course my trips often involve me being gone for 14 - 30 days so one watch just wouldn't work....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts