WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Summer BBQ and MOBLE

1K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  mreyman73 
#1 ·
My wife and I rented a Volvo combi and decided to drive 4,000km in Germany and Czech Republic. The first thing I did was to open my watch company map (thanks Mike Stuffler) and point the GPS towards the small town of Engelsbrand.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Volvo cars Volvo v70

As we arrived several hours later at our destination, after a 10km-per-hour drive on the well-traveled autobahn, we were pleasantly surprised that the first destination was Stowa. Oh, and they happened to be throwing a summer BBQ party. As a good Texan, we came prepared with BBQ sauce and a large appetite.

Architecture Property Building House Facade

Property Building House Real estate Tree

Herr Schauer is not only the creative mind behind Stowa, but also an excellent grill chef - a fact he will deny to avoid cooking at home.

Barbecue Grilling Barbecue grill Outdoor grill Cooking

There is Fanny Auer, always being helpful and cheerful, and great at organizing. Look at the crates of wine and beer!

Barbecue Barbecue grill Outdoor grill Grilling Vehicle

Vehicle Car

Regine Schauer is reason entire Stowa operation runs so smoothly. In this case, all the neighborhood kids worked under her direction to make this BBQ a success. They were rewarded with juicy steaks and summer beer.

House Building Architecture Roof

Tree Houseplant Shrub Plant Grass

Food Dish Cuisine Ingredient Meal

Then there are all the watch makers and marketing staff, taking a well-deserved break from the indoors to enjoy the summer outdoors. There alcohol intake was measured to ensure zero wastage of watch parts next day.

Tree Table Leisure Furniture Lawn

Tree Community Event Grass Leisure

Finally, it was past midnight and time to go into the manufactury (just like the movie) - Night At The Manufactury - and select the right strap for MOBLE and of course my wife wanted her blue dial in Back to Bauhaus.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Blue

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Blue Wrist

It's time to let all the good folks at Stowa rest until August 15th.

Distilled beverage Bottle Drink Winery

But maybe we can look forward to a winter Stowa wine cellar party and collecting Prodiver Blue?

auf Wiedersehen

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.