WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Can anyone help me identify this Summit watch? I would be gratefull for any information.

SUMMIT de luxe
antiCHOC 51
19 RUBIS

PLAQUE OR G 20 MICRONS
WATERPROOF
STAINLESS STEEL BACK
ANTIMAGNETIC
number in the middle: 68586

Best Regards,
TZ

Attachments

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
17,890 Posts
Welcome to Watchuseek! I fear it will be difficult to say a little more about this watch since there are several entries for "Summit" in Mikrolisk. One is associated with the Record Dreadnought company, the best known and most prestigious option. However, to be sure where it's from, we would need to see the movement, I'm afraid.

Hartmut Richter

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
17,890 Posts
Now that is weird! For a start, it's not really a Record movement (at most, it might be a Record adaptation of a generic base calibre). Secondly, I am 95% certain that it's a fanciful adaptation of this Adolf Schild calibre:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: AS 984

The "first stage conversion" to central seconds looks like this:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: AS 1007

We seem to be dealing with a "second stage conversion" in which the same principle of diverting the subseconds at 6:00 is applied but the whole setup is hidden under a second bridge rather than being exposed. In addition, the movement has an uncommon sort of shock proofing. I wonder who adapted it.....

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
397 Posts
Now that is weird! For a start, it's not really a Record movement (at most, it might be a Record adaptation of a generic base calibre). Secondly, I am 95% certain that it's a fanciful adaptation of this Adolf Schild calibre:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: AS 984

The "first stage conversion" to central seconds looks like this:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: AS 1007

We seem to be dealing with a "second stage conversion" in which the same principle of diverting the subseconds at 6:00 is applied but the whole setup is hidden under a second bridge rather than being exposed. In addition, the movement has an uncommon sort of shock proofing. I wonder who adapted it.....

Hartmut Richter
I'm pretty sure the French did it! :D The shock device is french

Anyway, nice weird movement. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts