WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the SBDC005 Orange Sumo/Cameltoe/Shogun in the mail today from Helen Wong (easy/quick transaction, excellent communication) and I'm absolutely LOVING it! I was a little concerned by the fact that it comes on a rubber band, but the band is very comfortable and plenty long enough to fit my 8.5" wrist. I might post a review after having it for a few weeks, but there's already a good one in the Reviews forum here.

Anyway, most of my watches have bracelets and, while I like the look and feel of the rubber band that came with this watch, I'd like to get a proper bracelet for my new Sumo/Cameltoe/Shogun as I think it would add to the look and make it more versatile for daily wear. Where can I get the proper bracelet? I assume I'll have to find one online and order it from out of the country, correct? If I can get one in the US, where? How much (approximately) should it cost me, including shipping? If it has the same band as another, domestic market Seiko, which one (so I can search for that locally)? I asked Helen about this, but she said they don't sell the bracelets as a stand-alone item.

All information would be appreciated. I'm relatively new here, so I'm not sure if you can reply within the thread or must do so by PM. Either way, I'm looking forward to some comments.

Thanks!

[I've attached a couple of Q&D shots just for fun . . .]

Attachments

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
The watch is not a US model, so parts for it will not be available from Coserv. They can place orders from Yserv, but in my experience it is not something they like to do. an easier approach would be to contact Seiya or Higuchi and either buy the bracelet directly from them (if they have them in stock) or have them order one for you from Yserv.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got in touch with Seiya and he quoted me $120 for the bracelet. That seems a little hight to me, though I have little to base this on. The models that come with the bracelet are certainly not $120 more expensive . . . in fact, I think they're about $40 more.

Is the $120 reasonable and does anyone have any other sources they could recommend?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
I got in touch with Seiya and he quoted me $120 for the bracelet. That seems a little hight to me, though I have little to base this on. The models that come with the bracelet are certainly not $120 more expensive . . . in fact, I think they're about $40 more.

Is the $120 reasonable and does anyone have any other sources they could recommend?
You could check with other dealers but I do not think it will be significantly lower. Bracelet are always cheaper when they come with the watch. Try Higuchi or check out some of the dealers on ebay for comparison. All the best.

·
Registered
408 Posts
It doesn't surprise me that it's a bit more expensive. I ordered a Ti bracelet for my orange Samurai and it cost about $110. Get on the bay and look up SS bracelets from Seiko. You can get one for about $40, some around $60.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I found a NATO was a better option on the Cameltoe than either the bracelet or the rubber strap. An orange one would look superb on yours, I'm sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts