WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Both watches are very good, but also very different in style... That said, I don't really understand this about wearing this watch with these clothes and that watch with those. If YOU feel right with yourself, YOU can wear any watch with any kind of clothes.

Anyway... this thread is pointless, because if you get either, you will soon get the other too... and a bunch more... This is an addiction and you all know it!!!

I started with the orange Landmonster, moved to the Black Monster, then an Orange Monster for my GF, then the SKX007 and SKX009 (together) and now to the Blue Sumo (BM and Sumo, presents from my GF!!!).

Eventually, I hope I will get the Marine Master or the Emperor (or both, if work goes well!).

So, nevermind, whatever you buy, you will be a very happy owner of a very fine timepiece.

PS: The best bezel and crown action, by far is that of the Landmonster... at least from my experience.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I too have owned both....the Monster seemed a bit quirky to me but let me give you a timeline..

First seiko ever was a Knight.....wow.....after a couple of weeks it seemed a bit small...moved on to a monster....huge but it felt funny.....then a landmonster which quickly left my house.....then an skx35yellow face....it disappeared rather quickly also for some reason....

I went through a " I have to have an ETA" phase....ended up trying both a Bernhardt Binnacle and then a Corsair....I still have the corsair...wonderful watch, just the right size and dead on for time...

But

Yesterday I received my Blue Sumo.....wow!!!!!!!!! It is huge and it feels so nice on the wrist....it is a perfectly sized watch..for my wrist...and the presence is unbelievable....I have been wearing it for almost 14 hours straight...yes to bed.....and it is dead on in time as well....+1 second.....

So....

Sumo to me is the choice....but what do I know....I've only caught and released 10 this last 6 months....either way it isn't a bad choice...buy the monster used....release it if you must and buy a sumo ifyou can....way different price though....

21 - 23 of 23 Posts