WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look what I've found this morning in the r/Watches subreddit lol:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Watches/comments/c2na55/g_shock_recent_find_still_in_working_order/

f4dlhtm2xd531.jpg

from OP u/yggdrasill_guard:
This G Shock was found washed up in an estuary in the North Island of New Zealand. Unsure of the model as the back of the watch is largely covered by chiton. You can imagine the surprise when shortly after the watch was recovered, the hour signal was heard. Later in the day the alarm also went off. This has continued for weeks. If anyone was looking for a testament to how tough these watches are, here it is. This watch has clearly been underwater for some time and being in a tidal body of water, has probably been tossed around a fair amount and sunk to a decent depth. After seeing this watch, I feel like I've gone way to easy on my G Shock over the years and feel like I need to give it some proper use as it can clearly handle it.

·
Premium Member
64,962 Posts
What’s the betting that if Casio see that they’ll introduce a L.E. with an anti fouling coating on it?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I love a good patina, but...

Reactions: Miklos86

·
Banned
1,284 Posts
If anyone knows a marine biologist, it should be possible to estimate the time under water with the size of the barnacles. The look very small to my untrained eyes. And the are barnacles!

·
Registered
8,005 Posts
That thing is scary looking!!
Yeah, I love that the G-Shock's still working, but staring at its barnacle-like things gives me goosebumps. They look like tiny eyeballs to me. :-x

·
Registered
96 Posts
It`s that Invicta that was being used by a cruise ship as it`s anchor, it finally broke away, the chain couldnt hold it any longer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts