WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Cool. I saw a similar report at livescience.com. Coincidentally I was just watching a cheesy movie from the 70s in which life on earth was wiped out by a gigantic solar flare that somehow triggered a viral pandemic. I better start building my concrete bunker deep underground so I'll be ready for 2011 or so when it hits its prime:-d.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Cool. Coincidentally I was just watching a cheesy movie from the 70s in which life on earth was wiped out by a gigantic solar flare that somehow triggered a viral pandemic.
"Where Have All the People Gone" ??

c'mon, it's a level or two up from cheesy. ok, maybe one level up. Perhaps Will Smith watched it as he prepared for his latest Thespian turn in I Am Legend.

cheers

·
Registered
148 Posts
I better start building my concrete bunker deep underground so I'll be ready for 2011 or so when it hits its prime:-d.
Might be a good idea. :)

BTW, I've heard the world is going to end on Dec 21, 2012... But dang, I can't remember if it's because of a meteor or the earth "wobbling" on its axis...

:-s ;-)

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
At last - a use for the time memo function...

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Might be a good idea. :)

BTW, I've heard the world is going to end on Dec 21, 2012... But dang, I can't remember if it's because of a meteor or the earth "wobbling" on its axis...

:-s ;-)
The world won't end then, but it has been predicted from independent sources (eg Mayan calendar) throughout the last 2000 or so years of history, that a massive shift in the earth's energy and polarity will take place around 2012-2013, resulting in a massive climatic and geologic upheaval with the reversal of the poles.

Come to think of it...

...it probably will be the end of the world for many people. :think:

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
"Where Have All the People Gone" ??

c'mon, it's a level or two up from cheesy. ok, maybe one level up. Perhaps Will Smith watched it as he prepared for his latest Thespian turn in I Am Legend.

cheers
Ok, it wasn't absolutely terrible. That the virus would turn people into piles of ash, however, was a bit much. I guess I just kept picturing Peter Graves in his 'Airplane' role talking to the little kid, billy. After that, I had a hard time taking it seriously.

·
Registered
236 Posts
The world won't end then, but it has been predicted from independent sources (eg Mayan calendar) throughout ....take place around 2012-2013, resulting in a massive climatic and geologic upheaval with the reversal of the poles.

...it probably will be the end of the world for many people. :think:
aiyoh, liddat better start selling all my stocks and start buying G Shocks instead...more value....
(sorry, colloquial lingo here)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts