WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ended up with a 7 eur paypal balance as a result of a shipping refund. It costs more than the money was worth to transfer it to my bank, so.. I went looking for the most affordable NATO strap on ebay. I found many, but the very very cheapest cost only $2.95 shipped to me. The shipping wasn't free, so the strap was actually 2 us dollars or so..

They arrived today and here they are:

sorry for the bad pictures, but you get the idea :)

The weave is coarser than some, but sturdy, the straps are quite stiff, but at least they tuck in well. Lots of holes, about 5-6mm apart, which is good, I don't like loose natos..

The colors are pretty much spot on, not too bright, not too dull. The joins are sewn, not glued or melted, in corresponding thread colors - green one has green thread, blue&red has blue, black&grey has black.

I bought this blue & red one more just to use up the change and as a bit of a joke, but I like it.
The fittings are steel, not plated. The tangs seem to be a little short, not quite meeting the buckle with the wrist in some positions.

The ends look a bit like they will fray, not fraying yet but I think they might.
One edge of the straps is thicker than the other, just along the weave of the edge (think of it like the edge of a tropic rubber) and places the stripes slightly off center, but not easily noticeable.

Overall, that is spare change well spent I think. I am not clear about posting links to ebay stores, but if you'd like the sellers name I guess drop me a PM. No affiliation yadda yadda, just wanted to share a positive experience.

One last blurry pic :)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: I just had the gray&black one for over an hour in the water, and it held up nicely, no stretching, and the colors didn't even mix together :)

One NATO I've owned started to fray badly at the buckle holes quite quickly.. another had the holes so far apart I couldn't get it on comfortably. Some stretch enormously when they're worn in water. And some stay pristine for a couple years or more. So there are variations in quality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts