WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm burdened with an addition to dual crown, super-compressor style watches.

Here's what I've got so far:
  • Prometheus Ocean Day/Date Diver
  • St. Oritz Momentum Diver
  • Mido All Dial Day/Date
  • Hamilton Navy Khaki Diver
  • Orient King Diver (vintage)
  • Orient King Diver 40th Anniversary reiusse
  • Android Octupuz

I'm beginning to taper off my acquisitions but am wondering if I've missed something.

In particular, I want the following:
  • Automatic
  • Non-vintage
  • Diver
  • Dual Crown, internal bezel
  • Day and Date
  • Exhibition back

The Mido, Momentum and Android all have these features.

Does anyone know of any other watch that meets my requirements?

LMK. Thanks! Noah

·
Registered
835 Posts
I immediately thought of a few watches, then realised you wanted day function and an exhibition case back. Also not sure of your budget.

I'll put them up here anyway because they're cool watches.

Longines Legend Diver and IWC were already mentioned.

Maurice Lacroix Pontos S... no day, no exhibition back.

Oris Big Crown Timer (I think that's what it was called)... introduced in the last few years but now seems to be have been discontinued. You may be able to source a second-hand or NOS for a good price.

There's a micro brand called River Watch Co that offers the Tiber Sport, but it doesn't have day or date.

Attachments

·
Registered
835 Posts
CORRECTION: Just been told that Oris is the Royal Flying Doctor Service Limited Edition. It's not a diver, waterproof to 10bar.

The Oris Big Crown diver is completely different and been discontinued for a while.

(Can't edit posts yet.)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, all!

I really appreciate all the recommendations but, as this point in my collecting, am looking to hit all of my requirements.

I can't rationalize another purchase (or persuade my wife I'm not certifiable) without it being perfect.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I immediately thought of a few watches, then realised you wanted day function and an exhibition case back. Also not sure of your budget.

I'll put them up here anyway because they're cool watches.

Longines Legend Diver and IWC were already mentioned.

Maurice Lacroix Pontos S... no day, no exhibition back.

Oris Big Crown Timer (I think that's what it was called)... introduced in the last few years but now seems to be have been discontinued. You may be able to source a second-hand or NOS for a good price.

There's a micro brand called River Watch Co that offers the Tiber Sport, but it doesn't have day or date.
The photo you put up is actually a Pontos S Diver. The Pontos S is a chronograph. Here's mine on a Hirsch Grand Duke.

MLPSGrandDuke.jpg

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
This is the Hamilton GMT Traveler II. I had this watch and it was quite nice.

No day complication but ticks everything else albeit at 200m WR it's a bit weak for diver duty.

Image1463704685.231925.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts