Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Good deal.

Votes: 8 57.1%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220063723012&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:1

It appear real to my novice eyes..I did tons of reasearch on the internet an the pictures are pretty clear...what do you true experts think ??

Been lurking on this form for a couple of weeks and couldn't wait a minute longer to get a Breitling..I bit the bullet and will be purchasing this used Superocean if you guys agree it's authentic !!!

Also, was this a good deal/price???

Thanks guys...!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Baeutiful Superocean....

Congratulations - great SuperOcean! I think you got a pretty good deal but have voted for about right... I'd say the better end of about right :)

Cheers,

·
Registered
956 Posts
Looks good to me. I have a blue dial SO, and I don't think they are copied that much. Also, I believe that he sells here and is listed in the "Good Guy" report...his name is on my office email, if you need it.

I have never dealt with him, so take that into consideration.

Some things to look for in an SO:

1) "B" on bezel, mine is between 55 & 60
2) Separation on each hand
3) "B" on crown
4) heilum release at 10:00

I attached two shots of mine for comparison.

Also, you can call BUSA with the serial number and model to check it out - he give you the serial number.

Attachments

·
Registered
956 Posts
Oops, sorry - thought you wanted to confirm authenticity.

Congratulations - beautiful! I think you purchased at a great price.

Enjoy :-!

·
Registered
340 Posts
to me it seems a good dealsantasmile

·
Registered
26 Posts
Two things. The seller you bought it from is reliable. Iv dealt with him before. He is located in my neck of the woods. Second. The watch you have is an older piece. I had that version when it first came out. You can tell the older piece from the new one because on the older model the case is brushed SS while on the new one the case is polished. The bezel is also brushed on the old one while the new one the bezel is polished. Im too lazy to take a pic of mine to show you what i mean. Now remember what i mean by old is the 2002 or 2003 model. Iv owned both versions and both are spectacular. You will love the piece. Also the size is wrong. its 42mm without the bezel and 44mm with the bezel. And the case is 15mm thick.

Hope this helps.

You paid about right. In fact because the watch comes with everything, you did quite good.

Emil

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
12,872 Posts
Was this a good deal/price???
Absolutely a good deal and a great choice for a Breitling. The watch has all the right stuff to go with it and it is very well sized and perfectly legible with the black dial. Extreme accuracy with COSC certification and a water resistance rating of 5000 feet. A perfect dive (and sport/dress) watch IMHO. Hearty congratulations and wear it in good health!! :-!
Cheers,
Ron

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all your excellent input on this guys !! I feel much better now that I know most of you guys seem to feel it's genuine and purchased at a reasonable price...

I'm pretty excited right now as it should arrive tomorrow by 10:30am !!!!! :-!

·
Registered
26 Posts
You are sooo screwed. That watch will spoil you. I remember the first time i took the watch out of the box. I was wowed by the beauty of the thing. After you wear it on the metal band. Go out and purchase a leather. The superocean will wear awesome awesome and awesome again on a leather strap.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oh one last thing to ease your mind. The seller gets all his watches from his friends watch store. Which gets its watches from trade ins. So the watch your getting should be in excellent condition. At least jewelery store quality.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks for all your excellent input on this guys !! I feel much better now that I know most of you guys seem to feel it's genuine and purchased at a reasonable price...

I'm pretty excited right now as it should arrive tomorrow by 10:30am !!!!! :-!
Phew...I always dread opening these threads just in case it's discovered that the buyer has bought a fake; I feel so bad for them. I'm so glad you've got a good one, hope it's arrived now and is on your wrist where it belongs :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where's the blue AR coating on the crystal? I would have steered well clear of the auction but it just goes to show you never can tell...

Enjoy! :-!
The watch arrived and is awesome !!!! When you sit in the seat of a Ferrari, you can feel the quality, you can feel that it's not "just another car". That's the feeling I get from my Superocean on my wrist... can't stop looking at it...

Also, I'm very pleased with this seller and highly recommend him...sent the money Monday and by 10am on Tuesday I was wearing my new pride and joy !!! I assumed it was used but have been unable to find even the smallest scratch!!!

As for the blue coating thing mentioned by Eagle, I'm pretty sure I'm OK....when I look at the crystal from an angle that would normally produce glare, it turns a beautiful bright blue...so I'm guessing that's the coating..

Thanks again guys for all you input and help on this .......

·
Registered
26 Posts
The watch arrived and is awesome !!!! When you sit in the seat of a Ferrari, you can feel the quality, you can feel that it's not "just another car". That's the feeling I get from my Superocean on my wrist... can't stop looking at it...

Also, I'm very pleased with this seller and highly recommend him...sent the money Monday and by 10am on Tuesday I was wearing my new pride and joy !!! I assumed it was used but have been unable to find even the smallest scratch!!!

As for the blue coating thing mentioned by Eagle, I'm pretty sure I'm OK....when I look at the crystal from an angle that would normally produce glare, it turns a beautiful bright blue...so I'm guessing that's the coating..

Thanks again guys for all you input and help on this .......

SEE i told you so. The seller is great and so is the watch. He gets all his watches as trade ins so they are jewelery store quality. Anyway enjoy and know that with your first superocean purchase you just got royally screwed. Why? Simple the quality of this piece will be a reference piece. iv worn everything from a very very expensive girard perregaux to an audmares piquet royal oak ofshore and my everyday piece is still my superocean. Go figure. Anyway enjoy and post some pics, wrest shots are nice.

Emil

1 - 14 of 14 Posts