WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

141 - 148 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Just arrived, Armida A12. I know, not an original, but a real stunner.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk
Looks as good as the original though! Lol! Nice!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Looks as good as the original though! Lol! Nice!
Hi panda-R

IMHO, its even better than the SBDC51.
Had both watches in my hand.
The only gripe i have with the Armida is that the bezel is a little hard to turn.
But a little bit silicone spray will solve that problem :-d

Have a nice day!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Hi panda-R

IMHO, its even better than the SBDC51.
Had both watches in my hand.
The only gripe i have with the Armida is that the bezel is a little hard to turn.
But a little bit silicone spray will solve that problem :-d

Have a nice day!
Nice. Why you think it's better? The finishing? The size? Etc?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
303 Posts
Nice. Why you think it's better? The finishing? The size? Etc?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Hi Panda-R,

First of all; The brown/gray sunburst dial in combination with the blue ar coating is really beautiful, more so than the dial of the SBDC051.
For me the size is better 38mm vs 42mm, it wears better on me.
The Seiko i had in my hands had the date slightly out of alignment, not so with the Armida. (perhaps the Seiko watch slipped thru quality control?)
I like the applied date window of the Armida; its more like the original Seiko mas 62.
The hands and applied indicesare more like the original Seiko mas 62.
Finishing quality is the same, the Seiko 051 has more polished edges.
The only thing not as good is the bezel action, its harder to turn than the bezel of the Seiko.
All in all i think the Armidas is closer to the original Seiko mas 62.
Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Hi Panda-R,

First of all; The brown/gray sunburst dial in combination with the blue ar coating is really beautiful, more so than the dial of the SBDC051.
For me the size is better 38mm vs 42mm, it wears better on me.
The Seiko i had in my hands had the date slightly out of alignment, not so with the Armida. (perhaps the Seiko watch slipped thru quality control?)
I like the applied date window of the Armida; its more like the original Seiko mas 62.
The hands and applied indicesare more like the original Seiko mas 62.
Finishing quality is the same, the Seiko 051 has more polished edges.
The only thing not as good is the bezel action, its harder to turn than the bezel of the Seiko.
All in all i think the Armidas is closer to the original Seiko mas 62.
Just my 2 cents.
Nice watch, but apples and oranges. The Armida is a homage to the 62MAS. The 051/053's are not, and only bear a slight resemblance to a 62MAS from one angle: top down.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Nice watch, but apples and oranges. The Armida is a homage to the 62MAS. The 051/053's are not, and only bear a slight resemblance to a 62MAS from one angle: top down.
Dont agree with you, the 051 and 053 are Seiko's cheaper edition of the SLA017, the Seiko 62Mas Reedition.

And yes, they dont look exactly like the 62MAS, but thats done on purpose by Seiko.

https://monochrome-watches.com/seiko-prospex-diver-spb051-spb053-modern-reedition-62mas-baselworld-2017-price/

Seiko Watches - Prospex 200M Automatic Black Ref. SBDC051

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Dont agree with you, the 051 and 053 are Seiko's cheaper edition of the SLA017, the Seiko 62Mas Reedition.

And yes, they dont look exactly like the 62MAS, but thats done on purpose by Seiko.

https://monochrome-watches.com/seiko-prospex-diver-spb051-spb053-modern-reedition-62mas-baselworld-2017-price/

Seiko Watches - Prospex 200M Automatic Black Ref. SBDC051
It's not a question of agreeing or not, sorry.

These are not "cheaper editions" of the SLA. They are completely different watches, compared to either the 62MAS or the SLA. No relationship what so ever.

The is not conjecture or opinion: the specs and details make this an incontestable fact. There is not one spec to relate the 51/53 to either a 62MAS or SLA. The case is 100% different, except for the top-down outline. Seiko says is the 51/53 are "reimagined", meaning if you squint hard enough, until your eyes tear up, the 51/53 kinda sorta has a resemblance to the 62MAS ... from the top view only. The hands and glass are 100% different. The dial has a vague resemblance.

You might say the 51/53 are inspired by the 62MAS. But given the rest of the watch, you make the same case for them being inspired by the Sumo.

No one, except you, seems to believe otherwise. The only correct statement you have made is Seiko DID do this on purpose. BUT that's because they are completely different watches.

141 - 148 of 148 Posts