WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious to see if anyone here has tried it.

I am thinking about cutting the fixed keeper end of the chevron strap from Crown and Buckle, shortening it, and reattaching in the same manner (folding over the retaining ring with a sealed edge and restitching it).

I am thinking about doing so because at a 6.25” wrist you cannot put the tail of the strap through both keeper. The thing I like about an adjustable strap is that I can get all the hardware under my wrist, I cannot do this with the chevron strap.

I will likely try it whether there is advice from other pioneers, and if I do I will post some pics of ho poorly it goes.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is done.

Scissors, black thread, brass zippo... shorter strap.

I practiced on another strap from a different brand before I did this one. Opted for black thread versus matching or contrast. Basically stitched the edges like a minimalist leather strap and did one line of stitches across from one side to the other.

Just make sure when you fold it up you fold it back under versus having the sealed edge against your skin, and make sure the angular metal loop is facing the right direction.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much strap did you cut off Control? I’m thinking about the stone chevron and have 6.25“ wrist.

I cut immediately behind the fold C&B put on the original. I can hit the middle hole and not quite reach the second ring. I can put it on the second to smallest hole and be through both rings, but the rings are a little close together, IMO.

AM

·
Registered
116500LN
101 Posts
Odd that with a 6.25" the strap doesn't reach the second keeper. With my 7"wrist, the strap reaches the second keeper with the buckle secured at the next-to-last hole. I have the length adjusted to max length (as received from C&B), and the strap is loose enough to slide up and down the wrist.

·
Vendor
3,056 Posts
Odd that with a 6.25" the strap doesn't reach the second keeper. With my 7"wrist, the strap reaches the second keeper with the buckle secured at the next-to-last hole. I have the length adjusted to max length (as received from C&B), and the strap is loose enough to slide up and down the wrist.
The shorter you make the strap, the further the fixed keeper gets from the buckle.

·
Registered
116500LN
101 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts