WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Was surprised for Father's Day by a Tudor GMT S&G on leather - all the better because this combo wasn't on my radar - but I am blown away.

The leather strap makes the gold accents appear simultaneously subtle and complex. It's my first Tudor and the quality of the details, from the crystal to the markers, is beyond what I would have expected - despite having tried on many at my Rolex AD. Spending a little time with the watch, and the story unfolds pretty rapidly. The bezel, particularly, with burgundy "root beer-ish" effect and the matte black, that almost appears navy, is a trick of the eye that does not come through on the web photos.

Strap suggestions, anyone? I have some hot weather travel coming up - and I was thinking of loading this on a sail cloth strap or maybe some 3rd party that ratchets / adjusts at the clasp.

Watch Analog watch Dishware Tableware Drinkware

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey man congrats on this amazing surprise!
I bought my BB GMT in NATO strap and never liked it that way, the Tudor NATO is single pass, quite soft and with a bit of elasticity which makes the head heavy BB GMT wobbling too much on my wrist.
So if you're going the NATO route I'd suggest something sturdier, harder that holds the watch firm on your wrist.
I'm using a doulbe-pass, seat belt nylon NATO myself and it's quite nice to wear :)

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nobody more surprised than me! I think
Hey man congrats on this amazing surprise!
I bought my BB GMT in NATO strap and never liked it that way, the Tudor NATO is single pass, quite soft and with a bit of elasticity which makes the head heavy BB GMT wobbling too much on my wrist.
So if you're going the NATO route I'd suggest something sturdier, harder that holds the watch firm on your wrist.
I'm using a doulbe-pass, seat belt nylon NATO myself and it's quite nice to wear :)

Thanks - I’m used to big watches, but this guy is pretty tall. On the OEM leather strap - it is beyond comfortable. I mean - really well thought out. But, I completely get your point on a too-thin nato. Great advice.
What about rubber straps you like?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nobody more surprised than me! I think

Thanks - I’m used to big watches, but this guy is pretty tall. On the OEM leather strap - it is beyond comfortable. I mean - really well thought out. But, I completely get your point on a too-thin nato. Great advice.
What about rubber straps you like?
I haven't tried rubber on mine, but they should work, rubber strap matches heavy watches nicely in general

·
Registered
920 Posts
Congratulations! This is my favorite configuration of that watch.

I recommend looking into either Rubber B or Everest, since thier Diet Pepsi GMT bands should be compatible.

Their rubber is supple and among the most comfortable I've tried.

I gifted this one to a buddy of mine for his BB58 on his bday. Looks very nice, and I think the same green strap would also compliment your Rootbeer
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

1 - 20 of 31 Posts