WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey have you guys heard of this website? (http://www.survivalstraps.com/) supposedly its a watch strap built from paracords that can handle up to 550 lbs of tension? and they also support wounded troops! i was thinking about getting one for my frogman to add to the overall "toughness" appeal to it. what do you think? :thanks

·
Registered
371 Posts
If you are so inclined, you can make those yourself too. There's loads of instructables on it

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
No doubt it's very tough cord but seems like it might be a little thick for the purpose of a watch strap. Need to see a wristshot. And I agree with 04jtb, maybe have a go at making one first. Interesting. Would be cool if not to thick.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I've seen these before and they look sort of cool. However, I don't recall seeing them in watch shots nearly as much as Zulus or NATOs (G-Shocks or non-Gs).

I'm not entirely sure they would be compatible with G-Shocks - the cord is probably too thick to go through the normal springbars, and even with the Zulu adapters it might not work. I'd love to be wrong, though.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Not bad, looks like something I can make myself just going by the pics though. I have some paracord for my knife tassels. :) I would still prefer a Nato/Zulu though.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I know this would reduce the strength of the 550 cord but if you take the "guts" out of the middle it makes the 550 cord much easier to work with in small applications.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts