WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Hi there.
I don't think they would be fake. Orient seems to change the model number depending on the market where they are selling the watch. If you go to Orient Relógios and choose Produtos in the left hand menu, it brings you to the watches produced by Orient in Brazil. I think there are hundreds of them. Some are quite nice too, both mechanical and quartz. It may be possible the ones you specified may have originated from Brazil. :)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some are quite nice too, both mechanical and quartz. It may be possible the ones you specified may have originated from Brazil. :)
Thanks much, since they are so tempting cheap, thats brings two question to my mind, is there any quality difference of Orients produced in Brazil and japan? And if Brazil watches bears same quality, to be able to get information about those watches from the internet , anyone have any idea what are the corresponding Japanese models, what model they look like?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Thanks much, since they are so tempting cheap, thats brings two question to my mind, is there any quality difference of Orients produced in Brazil and japan? And if Brazil watches bears same quality, to be able to get information about those watches from the internet , anyone have any idea what are the corresponding Japanese models, what model they look like?
I'm not sure whether any "Orients" are actually produced in Japan. I understand some Royal Orients and perhaps some Orient Stars are made in Japan but you would probably find many are made in China just like most things. However, regardless where they are made, they are made to a certain standard and I would think machines would play a large part in the process. I've owned one watch which was made in Brazil and the quality was very nice indistinguishable from other Orients I own or have owned.

You can check out the Japan Domestic Models here: ¾¦ÉʾҲð¡Ã¥ª¥ê¥¨¥ó¥È»þ·× Some are duplicated for the World Market but generally get a different model number.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.