WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

541 - 560 of 587 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
/../or the Sports-Tracker Webservice. /../
Well.. I'm afraid you are not actually supposed to use Sports Tracker as a web service for your Suunto App data. Or at least not to expect that it actually works. That current state is more like an unplanned side effect, a messy one.
Just try to find a single source where Suunto actually encourages the use of Sports Tracker web along Suunto app.

Considering https://www.suunto.com/News/suunto-and-strava-deepen-partnership/ & https://www.suunto.com/partners/strava/ , I don't believe Sports Tracker web service will see much love from Suunto in near future.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks a lot for your clarifications - this is the same piece of information I was given at the Suunto App Forums...

It seems I was confused by the fact that Suunto App automatically synced to Sports-Tracker assuming that they are intended to work in conjunction.

All the best,
Christian

·
Registered
253 Posts
Well.. I'm afraid you are not actually supposed to use Sports Tracker as a web service for your Suunto App data. Or at least not to expect that it actually works. That current state is more like an unplanned side effect, a messy one.
Just try to find a single source where Suunto actually encourages the use of Sports Tracker web along Suunto app.

Considering https://www.suunto.com/News/suunto-and-strava-deepen-partnership/ & https://www.suunto.com/partners/strava/ , I don't believe Sports Tracker web service will see much love from Suunto in near future.
So confirming Suunto are not going to support a web based service? Everything will be managed on an app on small screen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
216 Posts
So confirming Suunto are not going to support a web based service? Everything will be managed on an app on small screen?
I'm in no position to confirm it, and to be honest, I'm not so sure that ditching all other tools in favor of mobile app is THE masterplan for Suunto.
In past few months I've just spent way too much time lurking in Suunto Talk FB group and Suunto app forum, some trends are just too obvious to miss -
* new app is currently main priority, not only for Spartans & co, but they have invested dev hours to support all connected watches like bluetooth Ambits and dive computers
* app provides features that are breaking compatibility with Movescount
* next level collaboration with Strava; and Strava sync is actually working better compared to Movescount, at least with Ambt3 (way faster and total asc is same as in watch, shoret sync delay is probably beacuse of fewer users).
* syncing to other services seems to be quite high in priority list - today Training Peaks & Endomondo were enaled (TP sync actually works, not sure whats up with Endo)
* there are various teasers - something nice is said to be announced, Movescount to Suunto app migration is said to be in works (but no word for other way around)
* there's this kind of strange shift from ios to android - when Suunto started with this app buisness, it was all about iphones, but now the android beta with its features is ahead of ios releases; it could be just about the state of sports tracker ios vs android codebase that the started to build up on.

I have no idea where they are heading, but one the first milestones must be the new mobile app. Who knows what will follow.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hello.

Something strange happened yesterday (again). You can see that there is no clolor below graph line, usually this part is colored red. Also touch was not working. Looks like i had pover save mode on without colours and touch but i had not for sure. This happened twice in 3 weeks s9_graph.JPG

·
Registered
87 Posts
Have tried GPX route import with the latest BETA version of SA and it worked like a charm. The same is true for TP syncronization.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Received my 9 and its nice to see that the UI is smooth and snappy now compared to the Ultra. I just used the wrist HRM this morning because I'm not overly concerned about monitoring HR on my shorter daily runs and will use the strap for my longer training, but the HR started very high (as it always seems to do on Suuntos for me regardless of which model) and seemed to be reading fairly high throughout. Sitting here typing, the HR seems pretty accurate.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Dear all,

I still have not succeeded in setting Power Zone Intensity Targets in my Suunto 9. I do get power readings during exercise from my Stryd and I have set individual Power and Pace Zones in the watch for Running Sports Modes.
However, when starting a running exercise there is no power or pace zone I could select. The watch only shows heart rate zones to choose from in the Sports Mode Intensity Targets menu. According to the manual, there should be a selection on whether HR, Power or Pace should be the workout target - but this menu step does not show up in my watch with latest firmware.

Anyone experiencing the same problem?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey Christian!

I have received my Stryd pod yesterday and only managed it to charge it by now. I will try to simulate what you have described today in the evening hopefully. Stay tuned. What was your experience like regarding the Vantage watches?
Hi Marcel,

Were you able to set Power Zones in your watch as running intensity targets?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello

I have a question regarding my Suunto 9 Baro watch: last night when I was asleep, the screen of the watch was freezed. Blank screen, but the lights from the sensor still worked. i have pressed all the buttons, but nothing happend. Then, after a long press of the first button, the watch was reseted. I’m not very happy with this issue, because I’m thinking that sometimes maybe when I’m in an activity, the watch can have the same problem. The watch is updated to the last version. Is not the first time when I have this issue.
What do you think about this? I’m the single one with this problem? I guess that is an software issue but I don’t know what to do...

Thank you!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hello

I have a question regarding my Suunto 9 Baro watch: last night when I was asleep, the screen of the watch was freezed. Blank screen, but the lights from the sensor still worked. i have pressed all the buttons, but nothing happend. Then, after a long press of the first button, the watch was reseted. I’m not very happy with this issue, because I’m thinking that sometimes maybe when I’m in an activity, the watch can have the same problem. The watch is updated to the last version. Is not the first time when I have this issue.
What do you think about this? I’m the single one with this problem? I guess that is an software issue but I don’t know what to do...

Thank you!
Did the watch reset? Or, did it walk up? My watch goes into battery saving mode at night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did the watch reset? Or, did it walk up? My watch goes into battery saving mode at night.

The buttons didn’t answer to any press. After a long press of the upper button, the watch was reset. Also the watch didn’n count the sleep time, he started to count the hours only until the reset.

·
Registered
503 Posts
The buttons didn’t answer to any press. After a long press of the upper button, the watch was reset. Also the watch didn’n count the sleep time, he started to count the hours only until the reset.
Interesting ... I never had that happened to mine. Do you have the option to exchange the watch? Or, maybe reach out to Suunto.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi,
Could anyone tell me if the Suunto 9 can fine-tune the Stryd footpod calibration? Currently using SSU and that cannot.

I know Garmin watches allow you to do this, but don't really want to join the Garmin club.

Thanks

·
Registered
503 Posts
Are you able to track the mileage of your shoes in the Suunto app? Thank you

·
Registered
46 Posts
Last week I got an email about a new firmware for my watch so on Friday I connected it to Suuntolink, updated it etc and thought nothing more of it. Long run time on Saturday and after a few hours I got a notification that it had lost gps signal or had a weak signal. My friend's Ambit was fine and as a result had recorded an extra mile or so.

At the end of the run I get the notification saying how to avoid this in the future. And the suggestion was to make sure I sync my watch with the app before any activity. This seems a bit lame, given I synched it the night before. The section where it lost signal was a short run through trees - not heavily wooded or tall ones by any stretch of the imagination. And besides, the Ambit didn't lose signal.

Am I doing anything wrong here? Or should I really be synching the watch each and every time I go to use it?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Happened to me exactly the same, twice. First time on my standard running track, and second on my bike on unknown road. Clear visible sky both times. One thing is clear: suunto guys lost compass.

They took apps from Ambit series onwards,
They took gps stability from Ambit series onwards,
They will took movescount and they will replaced it with crapy mobile app.

I am done. I am waiting for januar 2020 new garmin 6 with colour touch display and much more..

Last week I got an email about a new firmware for my watch so on Friday I connected it to Suuntolink, updated it etc and thought nothing more of it. Long run time on Saturday and after a few hours I got a notification that it had lost gps signal or had a weak signal. My friend's Ambit was fine and as a result had recorded an extra mile or so.

At the end of the run I get the notification saying how to avoid this in the future. And the suggestion was to make sure I sync my watch with the app before any activity. This seems a bit lame, given I synched it the night before. The section where it lost signal was a short run through trees - not heavily wooded or tall ones by any stretch of the imagination. And besides, the Ambit didn't lose signal.

Am I doing anything wrong here? Or should I really be synching the watch each and every time I go to use it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am interested in Suunto 9 Baro. And i wonder if titanium version is worth extra money. I want to take watch to climbing feratas and things like that so i dont want watch to be damaged. Will titanium prevent that?

And if there is any word if next suunto watch is comming soon?

Also i wonder if Suunto 9 baro will get stress monitor, sleep tracking nad other functions that Suunto 5 has?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am done. I am waiting for januar 2020 new garmin 6 with colour touch display and much more..
You dont have to wait until Jan 2020. It is here! Now please make a jump and make yourself happy ;)
Very poor development on Suunto side comparing garmin watch.

Fenix 6 oh dream
- solar unit
- batery life
- 32gb memory
- option to pay with watch
- remote music
- colour maps
- graphical colour profile of teren

Gamin is killing suunto for many years (if i see suunto soft, web interface and another development)

I like suunto history, watch design, font, face but competitors are so far

541 - 560 of 587 Posts