WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to scroll through a screen using the start/stop button (2 o'clock position) when it just kept scrolling and scrolling. The backlight comes on and stays on and now it seems the start/stop button isn't working at all. I have synced the watch, which makes the backlight go off, and updated but the buggy issues persist.

Anyone else had this problem and/or is it time to send it in for a repair.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I went to scroll through a screen using the start/stop button (2 o'clock position) when it just kept scrolling and scrolling. The backlight comes on and stays on and now it seems the start/stop button isn't working at all. I have synced the watch, which makes the backlight go off, and updated but the buggy issues persist.

Anyone else had this problem and/or is it time to send it in for a repair.
Did you test the force firmware upgrade?

·
Registered
663 Posts
I have problems with the pushers!
One month ago I sent back the Ambit for a problem with "NEXT" button. It was not fluid in pressure and return. They repaired it and sent back to me.
Now I have the same problem with "LIGHT LOCK", "BACK LAP" button and a little less with the "NEXT" button!Them are hard in pressure and rather slow to come back.
Anyone have the same problems???

Sorry for my english

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello my first post here so be gentle :) I have the same problem. The "start stop" button does not feels good at pressure and return. I send it to service and i' m waiting for the repair actions. How many days did the do for repair? Do you know if they send it to finland or repair it in your country?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have had an Ambit 1 too and must say that the buttons were harder to press after a couple of months. One button even got stuck half in the watch and was almost not usable anymore. I applied some oil on the button and it worked better afterwards. Assuming that sweat / salt cristals may reduce the functionality of the buttons over time, i used to rinse the watch with warm water after every use. However, this did not solve the problem as the minerals / chalk in the water did the same.

Hoping the buttons of Ambit 2 are better in this respect.

Christian

·
Registered
21 Posts
Never owned an ambit one, but I was surprised by the ambit two and how easy the buttons are to press, especially compared to my polar watch. The ambit buttons are very sensitive, so much so that when you lay it down the table it'll sometimes change screens

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have had an Ambit 1 too and must say that the buttons were harder to press after a couple of months. One button even got stuck half in the watch and was almost not usable anymore. I applied some oil on the button and it worked better afterwards. Assuming that sweat / salt cristals may reduce the functionality of the buttons over time, i used to rinse the watch with warm water after every use. However, this did not solve the problem as the minerals / chalk in the water did the same.

Hoping the buttons of Ambit 2 are better in this respect.
I can't remember what the buttons on my Ambit 1 felt like when I bought it April 2012, but now they are 'sticky' and sometimes I have to press them quite hard to make them work. Good idea about getting it serviced while under warranty. I just got my Ambit 2 and the buttons on that are very silky smooth and easy to press. I used the A1 a lot over the year, so it would have been very very sweaty. I rinsed it a couple of times, with no luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have my watch in service about 2 weeks and no news. Here in Greece called service and they told me they will inform the seller and not me about the progress. How long time did the service took to return your watch?

·
Registered
8 Posts
News from service… my Ambit will go to Finland. Another 15 days away from my watch. I hope service at suunto Finland will take care my baby.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My baby still at Finland. That was the answer i got when i asked today my local reseller. He asked the service. Is there anyway i can learn somehow where is my watch besides service? Anyone from SUUNTO here at the forum?

·
Registered
8 Posts
My suunto got repaired and returned to the main service in my country. Still not in my hands. From 25/05 the day I gave it to my local dealer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Finally just received it! They changed LCD ? And the button with the problem. My watch don't work , after so many days I hope it just need charging.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys! a new member over here, been a watch fan for about 7-8 years, started to build a nice collection and i recently added an ambit 2 to it. As happy as i was to own one, i have problems connecting it to movescount. Basicly i can't synchronise the watch. any idea what could be wrong or any advices? Thx!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Hey guys! a new member over here, been a watch fan for about 7-8 years, started to build a nice collection and i recently added an ambit 2 to it. As happy as i was to own one, i have problems connecting it to movescount. Basicly i can't syncronise the watch. any idea what could be wrong or any advices? Thx!
Hi.
Did it ever work even once?

What exactly happens on your computer when you clip the watch to the cable and plug it into the usb port?

What does the watch show?

What other Suunto watches do you synch?

PC or Mac?

And what version(s) of Moveslink are installed on your computer?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes it worked through the whole summer, When i clip the watch to my computer moveslink 2 open, the watch shows the sign connect to moveslink and when i try to synchronise or update the watch, the Suunto logo appears. It is my only Suunto watch at the moment. I'm running the program on a Mac and i've installed the latest version i could find on moveslink.com

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hi math_collector,

i"ve got this trouble too at the very first usage of the watch when moveslink and firmware was updated this summer.
Updated, removed, doing every thing, though my watch was broken, because i couldn't synch it anymore. It displayed like you "SUUNTO" logo when connected to PC, and keep telling me to use latest moveslink version. o|
My guess is that i updated the firmware before the movelink update.
I finally found that we could "force firmware update" by clicking once on the task-barre icon (Windows version).
Then after, everything goes right.
Unfortunately you will definitely loss already recorded move.

Hope this will help you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts