WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
209 Posts
Some Q&A feedback from Suunto on Ultra168's site here: New Suunto Ambit Q&A Update « Ultra168

Interesting that this seems to contradict the Q&A on their website that states it is not compatible with the footpod mini. Guess we'll have to wait and see whether it will or not.

This is good news:
Also, Is it ANT+ or still on Suunto's porprietary ANT setup?
  • Ambit is ANT currently with other connection types including Bluetooth 4.0 and ANT+ being assessed as to the most useful upgrade in the future. There is focus on making the unit compatible with Power meters in SW2.0.

· Registered
209 Posts
Well I've got my preorder in with them now as well. I've given up on Sweatshop, who initially told me they would be stocking it, and maybe before anyone else, then changed this to might not be stocking it at all, then to having it from mid-March, and finally changed again to mid-April for non-HRM version, and mid-May for HRM version! Having said that, I've spoken to a few retailers in the UK, and they all seem a bit in the dark as to when they'll be receiving the shipment from Suunto, so they're not entirely to blame. Fingers crossed that hrm uk have them in soon, I've been tempted to look at the Garmin 910xt instead, but I reckon the Ambit will be worth me holding out for.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.