WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
6,768 Posts
A display can't be changed with just a switch. A negative display uses a polarized fiilter lens under the crystal. They probably mean a adjustable back light.

Did anyone else notice this spec buried amid all the rest:

Water to 100 m (2281)_Positive / negative display switch

That means that in this photo:

It is the SAME WATCH shown on the packaging with its negative display on and out of the box with its positive display on.

Well ... Shut the Front Door! That's a feature I have really been waiting for. Now I am officially excited about the AMBIT!

HTH

· Registered
6,768 Posts
Re: Suunto Core or wait for Ambit

A switchable display is a total game changer. That feature on the Core or next Super Core would be outstanding. If it were not for the thickness of the Ambit, I would be first in line to buy it.

· Registered
6,768 Posts
I can't imagine it won't have a count down timer or stop watch. It's a specialty watch and I couldn't imagine anyone using it as a every day watch but it still should include a weather alarm for field use.

· Registered
6,768 Posts
Re: Suunto Core or wait for Ambit

I didn't take the pic. It really looks that big to me. Look at the protrusion coming out of the lower rubber strap. Looks to be a nice specialty tool but as a watch it's Falvor Flav big. I personally wouldn't want a watch any bigger than the Core. It will be fun to see the first Ambit in person. I hope Suunto becomes the GPS watch leader. We will have to see..

Mystro did you take that photo? Wondering if that person has small hands of if that thing really is that big.

· Registered
6,768 Posts
I don't see the Core changing price because the Ambit isn't replacing or competing with it. The X10 should see a discount because it will be replaced, most likely with the Ambit.

From historical trend, do Suunto lower their price once a new model comes on?

I.e will the Ambit launch make Core or X10 cheaper in March/April?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.