WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
13,939 Posts
Re: Suunto Core or wait for Ambit

Sure looks good, but like the OP, probably out of the range that I am willing to pay.

Im still not sold on a GPS watch. But that Ambit looks AWESOME!

· Registered
13,939 Posts
Rob, Im the moderator on this forum. Welcome. If you would like to link to your blog that would be fine. Or if you dont mind send me a link, I will have a look and then post it if thats ok.

Id like to start up a new thread anyway.

You can send me a link by clicking on my name (on the upper left of the post) and choosing to send me a private message.

Thank you.

· Registered
13,939 Posts
Folks, there is a review out there... please lets hold on linking it here till I can get approval from WUS ownership.

The review is on a retail site and that can be an issue.

I dont think it will be in this case as I have been in contact with Rob from the site. But please let me ask Ernie and we will go from there.

thanks! I should have an answer later today.

· Registered
13,939 Posts
To me that's a bit of a misnomer... I have had watches that allow for this sort of compensation before... they are never much more accurate... they tend to be affected by what you are doing etc... But yes, you can get it closer.

But I have said it before, I will say it again... the temp feature is the most trivial feature on any of these watches. IMHO they may as well not even include that feature.

· Registered
13,939 Posts
I really don't understand how this a major flaw that will prevent you from buying this watch. What is it with wanting to be synced with "GPS time" so badly ? Simply set the Time of day when you get your hands on the Ambit and you're good to go ! what is so wrong with being 15 sec off the official atomic clock of the world after a couple of months ?

Seriously, I don't want to be mean to anyone, I simply don't understand why is it such a big deal.

I even prefer that it's not forced-sync with GPS time. I sometimes set my watch 10 min. in advance on purpose so I can get up 10 min. earlier when I forget that it's set 10 min in advance. Yeah, I'm that kind of person... :)
I'm with you... LOL although I don't do the "10 minute" thing... I appreciate my atomic watches, but it would never be the sole reason for buying a watch or not buying a watch. I guess I'm not that retentive about things. Its neat technology, and I like them... but to me its not the end all be all feature.

· Registered
13,939 Posts
Amen to the not wearing HR strap all day! LOL Esp for hiking. I dont mind while on the bike, but I always have hard time with them for hiking or running...

· Registered
13,939 Posts
I really have no desire to hike with leads stuck to me either... Sometimes we over think things... Sometimes its just nice to go for a hike. Carry a compass, get a good map.

· Registered
13,939 Posts
Ok gang, this thread is getting a little too large to moderate effectively.... So please, if you have new info... pics, arrivals, or whatever, lets start some new threads or I will forced to close this one... for no other reason than its simply too large and unwieldy.

So dont be shy, start some new threads!! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.