WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into the Suunto 'D6i dive computer and also like that I can wear it day to day as a watch. However I was wondering how these do on battery life? I don't want to have to change the battery every month and have had this problem with other dive computer/watch instruments and it can be cumbersome and a pain.

Do dive computers used as watches consume as much energy in surface mode?

- Jon

divesummit
"People protect what they love." - Jacques Cousteau

·
Banned
4,512 Posts
I don't have the D6i but I do have a D4, mine whent over 3 years on the first battery with a lot of diving. It is just a digital watch in surface mode and uses little power, the consumption increases with diving but I wouldn't worry about it.

I am looking into the Suunto 'D6i dive computer and also like that I can wear it day to day as a watch. However I was wondering how these do on battery life? I don't want to have to change the battery every month and have had this problem with other dive computer/watch instruments and it can be cumbersome and a pain.

Do dive computers used as watches consume as much energy in surface mode?

- Jon

divesummit
"People protect what they love." - Jacques Cousteau

·
Registered
488 Posts
In addition you can turn the dive mode off so that the sensors do not activate automatically every time you take a plunge (or wash the dishes). I have had a D4 and now D6 and both had average battery life of 2+years. I do dive 20-30 times per year max.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
My D9 usually lasts about 1.5-2 years. The D6 should last longer.

·
Registered
701 Posts
It should last at least 3 years for normal usage. My D6 lasted more than 3 years and 120 dives before I change the battery for a peace of mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts