WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
My old Observer is having issues. I pulled it out of the drawer the other day (haven't worn it in years because of the stupid band breaking again) and now it seems to have a problem with the ABC sensor. Temp is reading as 103 deg C and I can't calibrate the altitude or barometric pressure - it reaches the end of it's range before I get to the actual value. I've tried playing around in the service menu as well.

The Suunto agent here in Australia reckon they can't repair it. Are there any other options? Is it relatively easy to swap a module in from another second hand Observer? Are there any other watches that use this module?

I'd like to revive this old watch again but it's probably not worth spending money on a strap if the module is cactus.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate, I actually bought a cheap secondhand one on ebay and I'll swap the modules over. FYI there's a cheap one for sale on ebay in Pakistan and it has the same problem as mine. Another one I saw somewhere on ebay has this problem as well. Seems like a common issue, hopefully the one I get doesn't develop it later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts