WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
281 - 297 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yesterday I took out the battery from my sensor for 15 minutes, and paired again, today I have connected several times with the watch and all is ok, I will check several more times today and see what happens, I will wait for shipping tomorrow.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Today I tested external pulse sensors, I have to say that maybe the problem is with the bluetooth sensor, after connecting it with nexus 5X or xiaomi a1 showed bad readings (heart rate 220) or not connected at all. When I removed and inserted the battery, the problem improved. I will have to buy a new battery tomorrow and see if there is a difference. I will try using another sensor or buy a new one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
With the previous firmware I had a lots of issues with the HR belt (Suunto smartbelt), tried changing the belt, battery etc. Nothing worked. Instead I bought a Wahoo Tickr (Ant+ and BLE) to use. Haven't had a single problem with the Tickr. Did a 12 hour ultra race last weekend and it worked perfect. Not sure where the problem is. Is it the Spartan or the belt? Or a combination? My Smartbelt did however work with my old Ambit 3 without a problem.
For those of you that have a problem with the Suunto HR belt. Do you have the same problems if you use it with another device (not a Spartan)? Eg, a phone app such as Movescount, Wahoo, Strava? That could rule out the HR belt as being faulty.

·
Registered
11 Posts
With the previous firmware I had a lots of issues with the HR belt (Suunto smartbelt), tried changing the belt, battery etc. Nothing worked. Instead I bought a Wahoo Tickr (Ant+ and BLE) to use. Haven't had a single problem with the Tickr. Did a 12 hour ultra race last weekend and it worked perfect. Not sure where the problem is. Is it the Spartan or the belt? Or a combination? My Smartbelt did however work with my old Ambit 3 without a problem.
For those of you that have a problem with the Suunto HR belt. Do you have the same problems if you use it with another device (not a Spartan)? Eg, a phone app such as Movescount, Wahoo, Strava? That could rule out the HR belt as being faulty.
I had the same problems as you... I didn't bought a new hr belt but i use it with the mobile and Strava and the results wasn't good as it must. My max is 180 and I had 200.... I did 3 series and only the first one was recorded well... second and third was rubish

https://www.strava.com/activities/1277678520

·
Registered
113 Posts
I had the same problems as you... I didn't bought a new hr belt but i use it with the mobile and Strava and the results wasn't good as it must. My max is 180 and I had 200.... I did 3 series and only the first one was recorded well... second and third was rubish

https://www.strava.com/activities/1277678520
I think HR problem is combination of all factors like watch+FW+belt. My situation with SSU+Suunto betl:
a/ every old FW = works 100% perfect, no HR issues like some people report and Suunto repair in FW 1.11.56
b/ actual FW = big problem in every exercise; nonsence measurement
c/ actual FW + other type belt (ScoseRythm optical belt) = no problem; works good
d/ Suunto belt + other devices (Ambit 3, mobile phone) = works good without problem

Like last posibilities I spoke with my Suunto dealer and I borrow a new other original Suunto belt. I was testing all weekend and = WORKS GOOD. By point above problem is combination....

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Seems to affect only some users, so my theory is that the new FW made the transmission chain a little weaker. Since the Suunto belt has a smaller contact surface area than most other brands, the Suunto belt using the new FW only affects those users who would be most likely to have transmission issues due to weaker signal, should it occur.

·
Registered
504 Posts
The Suunto belt also stores the HR information in case the watch is not nearby.
Would be interesting to see, if this has any effect on the recorded data?
@Sobul: can you test your bad setup in this way? Start the exercise, then remove the watch and only let it sync the HR from the belt at once at the end of the workout?

·
Registered
113 Posts
The Suunto belt also stores the HR information in case the watch is not nearby.
Would be interesting to see, if this has any effect on the recorded data?
@Sobul: can you test your bad setup in this way? Start the exercise, then remove the watch and only let it sync the HR from the belt at once at the end of the workout?
@Egika: Yes, I did it. And HR looks OK too. Therefore my belt works good with Ambit 3. But runing without watch does not make sense:)...My definitely opinion that new FW has a new bug with HR measurement and BT transmition. Fortunately I have new belt from my dealer and it does not have this problem...

·
Registered
113 Posts
I found new problem with this FW. In swim exercise mode measurement of temperature started after some times. No other mode has not this problem, only swim mode. Before FW update temperature measurement started normaly. Do you have anybody the same experience?

281 - 297 of 297 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.